What's new

Replika XT upgrade worth it?

SupremeFist

I love the diffusion mode of vanilla Replika in Komplete for a massive ambient wash that still sits behind an instrument, and was wondering if I should pay to upgrade to the XT version, which seems to have some nice extras. Or are there other competitors I should check out?

there is eventide delays which are great for washy ambiences. and also black hole.

I have several delay plug-ins and tested most (like f.e. Valhalla Delay, Echo Boy, Timeless, UVI stuff...and a lot more) but Replika-XT is my favorite. For me it is the best sounding delay i ever used. But it can really eat a good amount of cpu per instance. But for me worth it. I like that it can sound really crystal clear and works for me really good even putting it after already very wet and processed signals/sources but it also can sound really analog and/or dirty. The FX are top notch as well and they work nearly with zero latency if you use the dry + delay option. Of course it cannot do everything but it is my only must have third party delay plug-in i cannot live without. I almost never use my other delays. I use it for everything from simple ping-pong to weird FX with totally transform the dry signal. It also saturate (if you want) in a way i cannot hear in other delays.
The upgrade was worth it for me. Even at full price i would not think twice with now. Of course it is better to demo it and then decide. So far maybe my favorite N.I. software from all they ever did.

Valhalla Delay is my favorite, then XT. Get those 2 delays and you have as many as you'd need/want (I have these 2, plus a couple others I had purchased first, and now never use). Echoboy is also up there, completing the trifecta of "best delays". I admit to using Valhalla Delay 85% of the time I want a delay, then XT is my easy second choice. I'd be satisfied with just XT, though, as it's great. I personally just like the other one better.

Top Bottom