What's new

Rename Macro Cubase?

AR

Hey guys,

I'm about to print tracks to audio stems to export the Cubase session to ProTools to mix it properly before delivering it in Group Busses to the Dialog Mixer.

Now, I have hundreds of midi tracks like Flute Sustain/ Clarinet Trill, etc. Each of them has 3 or 4 dedicated audio outputs for Decca, Wide, Far and so on.

I'm thinking of a Cubase macro that while copy/pasting the "Flute Sustain", renaming the Kontakt-Audio-Output underneath, I hit an button (like F13) it simply enters the word Decca. Or if I hit F14 it enters "Wide". So I don't have to type in these 3 words all the time for each track.

Is that even possible?

Best,
AR

Yes it is.

1. Open the Project Logical Editor on the Project menu.

2. create the following rule (with the text you want):
upload_2018-11-12_15-53-22.png

3. Save it as a preset within the Logical Editor.

4. Go to "Key Commands" on the File menu and give your logical preset a shortcut. You'll find it under "Process Project Logical Editor"

5. Repeat the following for each text string you need.

You can also build a more complex preset (that combines a macro & logical editor presets) that will rename all of your track automatically, each to a different name, based on their current name.

Good luck!
HD

Reactions: AR
Yes it is.

1. Open the Project Logical Editor on the Project menu.

2. create the following rule (with the text you want):
upload_2018-11-12_15-53-22.png

3. Save it as a preset within the Logical Editor.

4. Go to "Key Commands" on the File menu and give your logical preset a shortcut. You'll find it under "Process Project Logical Editor"

5. Repeat the following for each text string you need.

You can also build a more complex preset (that combines a macro & logical editor presets) that will rename all of your track automatically, each to a different name, based on their current name.

Good luck!
HD
You are awesome!!! Thank you so much.

Depending on how you have it all set up you can batch export and change from stereo out to the groups and use those group names as part of the naming system ie groupname_trackname so you don't need a macro

Is it also possible to create a task that copies the name of the track directly above and inserts it?

well, is there pdf-list where parameter commands are shown? cause obviously if ypu type in the word "Date" it stamps every track with 13-11-2018 (as seen in the add a date to selected MIDI+Audio tracks... preset)

Anyone here who knows how to rename multiple tracks at the same time via keystroke in Cubase? That would really help.

I found something in about Cubase about renaming the first of multiple selected tracks. But not all at the same time.

Top Bottom