What's new

Removing unused items from the "not installed" section of Native Access

TomislavEP

Recently, I've purchased an update to Komplete 12 and some new 3rd party Kontakt libraries and my SSD is almost full to the brim, so I'm about to do a little housekeeping by removing some products that I use very rarely. I'm aware that in Kontakt 5.7 and above (IIRC) there is no option for removing the library, nor in the Native Access, so you must manually delete the folder and the registry items for the library you want to remove. After doing this, the removed library shouldn't be displayed anymore in the "Installed" section of the Native Access, but I've noticed there are some old entries in the "Not installed" section too. Those are mostly for some free Kontakt Player libraries like Arcane and Drummica that I certainly won't use anymore and I've removed them from my drive long ago. Is there a way to remove these obsolete entries from the "Not installed" section of the Native Access? Right now, I can only click on their icons for some additional information as well as on the option "Add library".

Thanks for the explanation. Well, I guess it's not such a big deal as long as I can recover some SSD space and remove unused libraries from the browser inside Kontakt itself.

AFAIK you should be able to remove items from NA by (if you're on a Mac) going into your user library's Preferences and deleting whichever com.native-instruments.Unwanted Libraries.plist you have.

My Native Access guis shows several VERY old products that have never been installed on this machine and there is no pref file in site. I have no idea how to hide them from NativeAccess "Not installed" list. Its only a slight annoyance... It must be picking this up from my NI account when I login.

Garritan Personal Orch (v4)
Garritan Personal Orch KP2
Steven Slate Drums Platinum (predecessor to SSD4).

For anybody who is using Windows, you can usually remove libraries from Native Access through the "Programs and Features" section of Control Panel. When I do it, it deletes the files and when I open Native Access the library is in the Not Installed section.

If that doesn't work, NI provides the Uninstall RegTool, which you can download HERE.
This utility allows you to get stuff out of the registry without having to mess with the registry directly.

Was thinking the same thing. I'll look for pref files as suggested.

Either way, happy to save the SSD space though.

For anybody who is using Windows, you can usually remove libraries from Native Access through the "Programs and Features" section of Control Panel. When I do it, it deletes the files and when I open Native Access the library is in the Not Installed section.

If that doesn't work, NI provides the Uninstall RegTool, which you can download HERE.
This utility allows you to get stuff out of the registry without having to mess with the registry directly.

Many thanks for this info! I've never knew about this tool before now. Unfortunately, the obsolete entries I was hoping to remove from Native Access are mostly for the 3rd party free Kontakt libraries like Arcane and Drummica that I've installed way back before NA was available and I've deleted them from my libraries SSD to gain more free space. IIRC, only the products from Native Instruments have uninstallers, including their Kontakt libraries. In any case, I'll try using the Uninstall RegTool.

NA will always show everything that is registered under your NI account and not installed on your system in Not Installed section. I'm pretty sure the only way to remove those entries is to sell those products to somebody else, so they're removed from your NI account. :)

(But of course, you can't sell free things like Arcane or Drum'mica. :P)

I've just checked my NI account and indeed all those free Kontakt Player compatible libraries are listed there along with all my commercial Kontakt libraries from NI and 3rd party developers with their serial numbers.

Well, it's not such a big deal if a few products that I'm not going to use anymore remain listed there, as long as I can recover some space by deleting them.

Top Bottom