What's new

Releasing my first orchestral album : Tales of the Dawn Bard

JDMusic

Hi everyone !

Like many film/game composers, I didn't have that much projects to work on this year, which led me to take the matters into my own hands in order to keep me busy and motivated.

After months of work, I can finally share with you my heroic/fantasy album : Tales of the Dawn Bard.

In this album, I pay tribute to a video game that pushed me to become a composer a couple of years ago. World of Warcraft has been a great source of inspiration since I started this journey, and this album is my ultimate thank you to this wonderful game. In order to compose this album though, I created my own univers that tells the story of a bard who travels all around the world with his protoctor to find the lost Ring of the King. Each track is a new location to explore, a new enemy to face, a new story to be told. As a film and game composer, I really enjoyed working without picture nor any precise instructions for a change. I like that the listener can create his own story with the music (some people actually told me they would use this album for their DnD games, which is pretty cool) !

Tales of the Dawn Bard is available on every major streaming platforms : www.johanducher.com/talesofthedawnbard

I'm really looking forward to hear your thoughts and critics. I did everything by myself from the writing to the mastering with very limited means and from now on, all I'm hoping is to learn more.

Thanks for your attention, and I hope you'll like this album ! :)

Best,
Johan

Oh cool, I’m going to check this out! I love hearing albums like this.

Topically, I’ve been working on a similar album for over a year now, although its not quite orchestral and more space/fantasy than fantasy. Hoping to finish it this winter.

Oh cool, I’m going to check this out! I love hearing albums like this.
Thanks, i look forward to hear your thoughts !

Topically, I’ve been working on a similar album for over a year now, although its not quite orchestral and more space/fantasy than fantasy. Hoping to finish it this winter.

That's great ! I'd be more than happy to check it out once it's released. :)

I'm about 75% through (got interrupted by an early morning toddler meltdown - such as life :grin:)

But seriously, this is beautiful - super awesome work! I'm excited to finish and listen again. The libraries used all sound great and your mix is awesome! This is an achievement for sure - congrats!

I'm about 75% through (got interrupted by an early morning toddler meltdown - such as life :grin:)

But seriously, this is beautiful - super awesome work! I'm excited to finish and listen again. The libraries used all sound great and your mix is awesome! This is an achievement for sure - congrats!
Haha well good luck Nate, but I hope you made it to 100% by now! Feel free to send me a DM when your album is done, I dont want to miss it as I'm not often connected on this forum! :)

And thank you so much for you feedback, it truly means a lot!

Haha well good luck Nate, but I hope you made it to 100% by now! Feel free to send me a DM when your album is done, I dont want to miss it as I'm not often connected on this forum! :)

And thank you so much for you feedback, it truly means a lot!
Oh yes, I definitely finished! Its lovely - great job!

Top Bottom