1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RELEASED: Straight Ahead Jazz Horns, revamped for 2017 by Impact Soundworks! Demos & video inside!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by zircon_st, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Rasmus Hartvig

Rasmus Hartvig Senior Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Another big wish for the next update: Ability to toggle the smart voicing script on and off on the fly. That way I can switch between thickened line and individually written lines without having to load all the instruments once more in a new Kontakt instance.

And while I'm at it, a minor bug: When triggering Long Falls on the Saxes multi at low dynamics, Alto Sax 2 hangs on its note while the rest of the saxes do the fall.

2. neblix

neblix Music, Math, Cats

We've already thought of this, actually. We can definitely do that.

Additionally, we'll take a look at the Alto Sax bug.

SoNowWhat? and Rasmus Hartvig like this.
  3. Ah_dziz

Ah_dziz Senior Member

Aug 6, 2010
    If I replace the instruments in the SV multiscript with the normal instruments from the library (with GUIs and stuff) will it cause any issues that you guys are aware of? I'd like to still go in and adjust the articulation mapping and whatnot while using the voicing script, but it would appear this is not possible unless the single instrument patches are reloaded into the multi.

4. Ah_dziz

Ah_dziz Senior Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Also great job on the library. It made me care much less about the stupid fable sounds never arriving update.

5. OP
    OP
    zircon_st

zircon_st Senior Member

You can expand the instruments in the SV multis and edit them however you want! Just click the instrument icon ("ISW", right under the wrench).

6. Ah_dziz

Ah_dziz Senior Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Derp. Thanks.

7. Ah_dziz

Ah_dziz Senior Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Would the smart voicing multiscript work with bravura brass? I'd love to hear it with the humanization. I don't have bravura on my laptop though so I can't test it out.

8. Rasmus Hartvig

Feb 11, 2012
    I just noticed today that sometimes the Alto 2 sax stops responding to CC 1. The dynamics slider still moves, but the note just hangs there. Might be related to the fall bug.

Any ballpark idea of when the next update will be out?

9. neblix

neblix Music, Math, Cats

The multiscript sending harmonies and the input velocities would work just fine with any Kontakt library.

Unfortunately, the multiscript humanization feature requires that the library directly supports the protocol used (it's a handful of specific NRPN messages that have to be responded to in the Kontakt script).

Interesting... we've had similar bugs and fixed them.

The next update will likely be out in the next 4-5 months. We apologize for the delay, but we have a ton of other cool sample library projects coming up that require our attention, especially after remaking SA Jazz Horns took up more than half a year of our time. After we catch up on our other projects, we will be updating SA Jazz Horns very nicely, including:

-New content for the Smart Voicing. New multi setups, and more voicing styles for current setups.
    -Muted Brass instruments (!!!) Trey has been working on this.
    -Lots of bug fixes based on user feedback!

Stay tuned for later this year!

jvsax and sekkosiki like this.
  10. sekkosiki

sekkosiki Senior Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Espoo
    Any news about muted brass?

11. Rasmus Hartvig

Feb 11, 2012
    ... and the eagerly awaited update :)

12. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I would love to know as well... but:

neblix was last seen:
    Jun 28, 2017

13. OP
    OP
    zircon_st

zircon_st Senior Member

Don't worry, Nabeel is still working with us! He just hasn't been spending much time on the forums. The update is taking a little longer than expected because Trey (who created all the voicing tables) has been touring actively. However, as of a week ago he's back so we're looking forward to getting the ball rolling again.