Release tails not triggered from Cubase's midi

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by Manaberry, May 18, 2019.

1. Manaberry

Manaberry Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Hi,

I've this issue for months already.. Notes from Cubase (connected to VEP) does not trigger release tail samples on my percussion libraries (pretty sure it does occur on other libraries too).

When I use the built-in keyboard on Kontakt, everything sounds good.
    The video below shows perfectly the problem:

I've tried everything for weeks with Spitfire Support, VSL Support and Steinberg Support. I have no clue on this one... PLEASE HELP ME!

2. OP
    OP
    Manaberry

Manaberry Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Maybe someone is available to try to reproduce the issue? (Cubase 10, VE Pro 7, Kontakt and HZPP needed.)

3. matthieuL

matthieuL New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Hello,

Try and set your MIDI channel in Kontakt the same as in VE PRO, instead of having "Omni".
    Tip seen on this page (below the middle of it): https://syntheticorchestra.com/blog/?9
    Sorry, it's very annoying, since it's not convenient to set the MIDI channel.

I had this problem too. But even with this tip, it seems to me it still happens sometimes, but I'm not able to reproduce the problem.

Matthieu

Manaberry likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Manaberry

Manaberry Active Member

Apr 9, 2018
    Hi Matthieu!

Thanks for your link. It does solve the problem! I still have to figure out if this method can fix it forever...
    At least I know this is related to Spitfire product now. This is quite good to know!

Thank you so much for your reply. I was close to go mental.