What's new

Relab LX480 Complete for $174 - Good Deal?

Always interesting to hear what other people prefer and use.

My favourite verb is ReLab's VSR S24. I am seriously considering the LX480 too with this discount. I trialed both (LX and S24) when I bought S24 but could only swing one with available budget. The S24 preset Large Warm Hall (TS) is wonderful (to my ears and on my set-up). I did get Sonsig on release but have yet to really get to grips with it. I haven't had a lot of success yet. I am quite prepared to put that down to me and not ReLab in any way who have been nothing short of accommodating to me with support.

Annnnd I'm still holding out on Spaces II. I am SoNowWhat? and I have a reverb problem.

Edit - and to answer your question @Zoot_Rollo yes, I think it is worth the price. IMHO. There is a trial option before you buy.

i bought it a while ago and they change the website so i contacted them to update my account and make sure everything is ok to sell. now that i checked. i do have the complete and also the random hall.
price will be lower than whatever sale they have now.

this was their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

We are working on a way to import 3rd party products to a Relab account. We have no ETA yet when it will be possible.
Please check with us again in a month or two.

I dont think customer service is their forte

this was their response:

Thank you for contacting us.

We are working on a way to import 3rd party products to a Relab account. We have no ETA yet when it will be possible.
Please check with us again in a month or two.

I dont think customer service is their forte

I have so many questions.

Use the promo code "LEGEND"

Relab's response to my email asking if it was OK to share the code:

Hey thanks so much for the message.

The deal was intended as a thank you offer for our loyal email list members, That being said, we also have a ton of users that simply don't subscribe to updates - and the coupon can be used by anyone. It has already leaked to other groups and forums. So if you post it, anyone with the coupon will get the discount until it expires - sometime next week I think… J

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Relab - Support

Annnnd I'm still holding out on Spaces II. I am SoNowWhat? and I have a reverb problem.

i have Spaces II - finger on the BUY trigger for LX480 Complete.

I'm Zoot and I'm a 'verbaholic.

We admitted we were powerless over reflections—that our rooms had become unmanageable.

@Jediwario1 , @Zoot_Rollo

I actually was a long-time subscriber but unsubbed just less than a month ago. :D

Gave this a quick comparison against Lexicon PCM Native, and I definitely feel it's different and suits for different things. While the Lex sounds a bit more clean and "expensive", the LX has this awesome dirtiness and weight which the Lex is lacking. Besides, the Lex is so f**king buggy and unreliable that I'd rather use the LX as my workhorse for this next project I'm working on next week. :P

@Jediwario1 , @Zoot_Rollo

I actually was a long-time subscriber but unsubbed just less than a month ago. :D

Gave this a quick comparison against Lexicon PCM Native, and I definitely feel it's different and suits for different things. While the Lex sounds a bit more clean and "expensive", the LX has this awesome dirtiness and weight which the Lex is lacking. Besides, the Lex is so f**king buggy and unreliable that I'd rather use the LX as my workhorse for this next project I'm working on next week. :P

good to know about the PCM Native bugginess.

Yep, it's a nightmare with the iLok. I think it's now behaving a bit better since a reinstall but I've developed a (very expensive) dread towards using it on any larger projects. However, for mastering of symphonic stuff it's the best you can get if you ask me. Random Hall on 10% and everything is awesome. :D

Yep, it's a nightmare with the iLok. I think it's now behaving a bit better since a reinstall but I've developed a (very expensive) dread towards using it on any larger projects. However, for mastering of symphonic stuff it's the best you can get if you ask me. Random Hall on 10% and everything is awesome. :D

That's interesting. I've been using both the Relab and Lex PCM plugins for a while now, and can't recall any trouble with either. What have you experienced?

I have had issues with other ilok plugins over the years, though. Spaces used to crash on load every so often, for some reason.

I was on the fence with this as I already have Lexicon PCM Native and many others although I bought it and I'm really happy. I was worried from the demos that the tail decay might not be as smooth, or that the stereo spread might be narrow, but this isn't the case. The dual machine mode really expands the possibilities as well. Granted it takes some programming chops and knowledge to edit effectively but if you're deep into this stuff, its great and there are some wonderful sonic possibilities. The demos and tutorials could be greatly improved, but the underlying sound is excellent. Its a great deal at the current price.

I have all the Valhalla's, Nimbus, Spaces II, but my go to's have become Seventh Heaven Pro and Sonsig. I seriously love Sonsig, amazing reverb plugin.

Relab LX480 is a great reverb and easily worth that price. I have quite a bit of past experience with the original hardware units and this a very close representation... virtually indistinguishable. It's a different sound from the Bricasti (i.e. Seventh Heaven) or convolution reverbs like Altiverb, but it's rich and lush and is really a staple of so many great classic recordings.

Top Bottom