Recommended Omnisphere add-on libraries - POLL ADDED

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Garry, Feb 23, 2019.

What are your recommended 3rd party developers for Omnisphere?

1. MIDIssonance

2. Ilio

3. Plughugger

4. PluginGuru

5. SoundDust

6. The Unfinished

7. Luftrum

8. Triple Spiral Audio

9. Hollo Sound

10. Audiority

11. String Audio

12. Subsonic Artz

13. Pulse Setter

14. Sonic Underworld

15. Man Makes Noise

16. The Sample CO

17. Vintage Synth Pads

18. That Worship Sound

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Since we're going all-in on favourite Omnisphere libraries now, rather than just answering the OPs original requirements, I would like to also throw Vintage Synth Pads and That Worship Sound into the ring as two of my favourite 3rd party Omni library developers.

2. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Actually, 'who are your favorite 3rd party developers' was question 3/3, so these are welcome (and have now been added to the poll and list in the first post). Question 2/3 was also addressed (comprehensive list of developers here), and question 1/3 (whether the presets are worth it alone for Omnisphere, without the sound design features) is very subjective, though I think almost everyone who commented on this agreed they are. It's the one question I'm still uncertain of, since it will depend entirely on what you're using Omnisphere for, and how you feel about the quality and quantity of the relevant presets. Since I haven't yet heard the presets that would suit my style, I remain undecided about this one, but the consensus here is compelling. But that's ok, since this is a library that I can go into a store and check out in person, and I certainly plan to do so soon, based on the feedback here.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  3. oxo

oxo Active Member

Feb 27, 2011
    i use omnisphere since version 1.0 and i'm one of those who listened and analyzed all of the thousands of factory presets and sound sources (samples, waveforms) over the years. you fear that the factory presets do not cover the genre that interests you? well, omnisphere was created just for this genre (as an evolution of the older product "atmosphere"). i would say that more than two-thirds of all factory presets cover your area of interest. if you are still skeptical, then ask yourself why omnisphere has been used for all of these soundtracks:
    https://www.spectrasonics.net/company/filmtv.php

and keep in mind, the unfinished created all his omnisphere soundsets (amara, colossus, horizon, etc.) without additional imported samples. he almost always uses only the original sound sources from omnisphere and the engine. this clearly shows the potential of omnisphere and the factory soundsources.
    when you buy omnisphere, your problem will not be to find good factory sounds for your genre, but your problem will be that you will need weeks to listen and play all the sounds you like ;)

ReelToLogic, Maiestic9 and Garry like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Great info, thanks :)

5. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    In case you didn’t get an answer on this (still reading the thread), yes! String Audio had a sale on everything last year. I know because I was watching but couldn’t swing it at the time. Was a “needs vs wants” thing. It was in the latter half of the year and iirc was around Black Friday but wasn’t specifically for BF. No idea if/when it will happen again.

6. RE: Sales on patch libraries, ILIO just had one that went for 3 months where each patch library was $25 (normally $35) and the bundle of 7 was $99 (normally $245). However, due to this thread I'd be willing to do ONE patch library for $25 for anyone who mentions this VI Control thread.

Just put that in the "Special Instructions" on checkout: http://www.ilio.com/patches

You will be credited back the difference after your order has been processed.

Expires after March 8, 2019!

Sopranos, composingkeys and whiskers like this.
  7. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    You're awesome. Also, you have the best walkthrough narration voice :). You used to be in radio, right?

Midihead and composingkeys like this.
  8. Aww, thanks! Yep, I was in radio until a commercial radio DJ convinced me at a young age that it was not a good career choice. ;)

whiskers likes this.
  9. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Really nice on the DJ's part :)

Midihead likes this.
  10. SoNowWhat?

SoNowWhat? realised I can type here

Jul 26, 2016
    Omni2 is simply one of my favourite music making tools. It is vast and the third party presets provide inspiration and direction that I probably wouldn’t find on my own.

And re Plugin Guru, his sample sets are more EDM focused but he’s just so giving with his time and knowledge. I’ve learned so much and have barely scratched the surface with his videos. I have picked up a few of his more retro themed libraries.

Love Joseph (Hollo), Matt (The Unfinished), Vin (Midissonance), Jaap (Triple Spiral) and Luftrum. If you’re unsure what will work for you all of these, except Luftrum (I think) have free sample sets to trial. Always very grateful for that, but with any of these I would have no doubts about jumping on any new release. It’s just down to budget and storage space available.

Quasar, whiskers and Sopranos like this.
  11. Luftrum

Luftrum New Member

May 8, 2018
    I am humbled and glad to see my name on the list, thanks for the add. Matt ranking 1st is so well deserved, he is truly in a league of his own when it comes to Omnisphere.

lp59burst, SoNowWhat?, Jaap and 4 others like this.
  12. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Luftrum right up there for many needs !! :thumbsup: Luftrum14, Ambient 2 very cool :cool:

Luftrum 20 may push me to new Hive as well …….

lp59burst and Luftrum like this.
  13. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Your stuff is awesome :).

lp59burst and Luftrum like this.
  14. Maiestic9

Maiestic9 New Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Your omni and other soundsets are amazing and quite honestly Lunaris is one of the best sounding ambient kontakt librairies there is period not to mention deeply under rated in my humble opinion. Keep up the great work and thank you for what you do :)

lp59burst, whiskers and Luftrum like this.
  15. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Also, Pendle at Sound Dust has a couple of very original sets for Omni. Really great stuff. There's also the Lost and Found set that he did with the Unfinished. Lost and Found is for sure one of my favorites.

SoNowWhat? and whiskers like this.
  16. TheUnfinished

TheUnfinished Senior Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Well, this is all rather charming and embarrassing in equal measure.

There are lots of people in that poll who deserve far more votes than they currently have. Hopefully you'll all come to your senses, and I'll make do with my lovely memories of being at 71%.

:)

Gaffable, SoNowWhat?, Luftrum and 3 others like this.
  17. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    @TheUnfinished while I agree others may deserve more than they have, I don't agree that you deserve any less than the 71% you have. I've been using your libraries in most of my recent work because it just fits. Everything you've been putting out is pure gold.

18. Claud9

Claud9 Active Member

Jul 16, 2016
    I have recently bought Unhuman by String Audio and It's great.

whiskers likes this.
  19. I like music

I like music Senior Member

Oct 26, 2015
    Thanks @Garry for pointing me to this thread. Very very useful. Can anyone tell me if I can have this running on two machines, or is the licensing restrictive to the point that it can only be on a single computer?

I have a main computer + a laptop, and depending on travel/work etc I need to be able to use my libraries across both machines.

Any help hugely appreciated!

20. Jaap

Jaap Yes, that's an alto flute

Spectrasonics has a single user/multiple computer policy, meaning as sole user you can run it from different computers, so that would not be a problem with your setup! It can be read here - https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=437&categoryID=78

I like music likes this.