Recommended Omnisphere add-on libraries - POLL ADDED

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Garry, Feb 23, 2019.

What are your recommended 3rd party developers for Omnisphere?

1. MIDIssonance

2. Ilio

3. Plughugger

4. PluginGuru

5. SoundDust

6. The Unfinished

7. Luftrum

8. Triple Spiral Audio

9. Hollo Sound

10. Audiority

11. String Audio

12. Subsonic Artz

13. Pulse Setter

14. Sonic Underworld

15. Man Makes Noise

16. The Sample CO

17. Vintage Synth Pads

18. That Worship Sound

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Sounds like it's time for a poll....

Ok, so I've added a poll based on those that have been currently recommended. You can vote for as many as you'd like, and I'll add any that get recommended after this post.

Fleer likes this.
  2. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Keep in mind Omni can only be resold once, so if you buy used you won’t be able to resell it (not that you would want to).

whiskers likes this.
  3. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Nobody buys Kontakt for the factory sounds- though not bad, it’s really to get some of the thrid party stuff that is inexpensive but for full kontakt only. Omni is the same, only the entry price is more, but with better factory sounds (currently at around 13,000 presets) AND a beautiful sounding engine and effects that can make great sounds with basic samples. Well worth the price IMHO.

4. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Yes, I know what you mean, but I was trying to make the analogy that if you were only interested in a specific 3rd party Omnisphere library, having to buy the whole Omnisphere engine in order to access it is a pain. Just as if you were having to buy Kontakt, only because it was a requirement to access certain libraries. That said, this thread has convinced me that in response to my first question the included presets are themselves reason enough to buy it, even if that wasn't my initial reason for being interested in it.

I must admit I'm still hesitating though: of those 13,000 sounds, they may be amazing for particular genres, but potentially not really applicable to my interests (cinematic, orchestral, drama, atmospheric) - I'm coming to realize that's probably not the case, as there's seemingly near universal approval for Omnisphere, but again, that was the purpose of asking the questions.

I'm still intrigued by the 3rd party developers as well though, hence the poll. I'm blown away by libraries from The Unfinished, so was wondering which other developers I may have been unaware of until now.

Lots of good information on this thread for anyone, like me, who hadn't really understood the potential of Omnisphere.

5. Jaap

Jaap Yes, that's an alto flute

Another good thing about Omnisphere, beside all the great 3rd party sets is that you get a lot of new things with the updates and they are always free. It was recently updated to version 2.5, which added 2 more layers to the synth and a thing called hardware integration (you can control Omnisphere with certain synths). At NAMM they also announced a new update with 2.6 with even more hardware synths and their corresponding sounds added and as well a nice overhaul of the ARP.
    To get an idea check this video:

And though they don't do sales and maybe not all the patch content is up to all it's liking, you get a lot of options back.
    The developer Pluginguru hosts a lot of good video's about Omnisphere - https://www.youtube.com/user/thepluginguru
    Watching some videos should also give you good starting points if you want to create your own or tweak existing sounds up to your liking and you can go really far with Omnisphere.

There are tons of other synths out there and a lot can do certain things better, but the great thing about Omnisphere is that it is a really good alrounder and hence it's also the reason why it's so popular.

whiskers and Garry like this.
  6. Sopranos

Sopranos Senior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    If you're still hesitating after everything that's been said, I got nothing for you.

You mention your interests (cinematic, atmospheric, drama, etc) and Omnisphere is precisely that.... so if you want to hold out it's really your loss.

Monkberry, SoNowWhat? and whiskers like this.
  7. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Here's my problem lately. I buy a lot of preset packs to save time and be inspired. There are a few really great designers out there: The Unfinished being my favourite followed by PluginGuru (though I know he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea on this particular forum since he focuses more on EDM style synths rather than scoring) and a few others who I constantly buy from, but there are also a lot of newer and even some older designers who I'm finding don't have near the quality yet are asking quite the price on their packs. I'd go as far as to call it a new fad where people say to themselves "I can sell presets too!" after seeing good designers making money without actually having the skill to justify charging for them. The problem is a lot of these people are hard to find out until after you've bought their product. Many of them don't even add descriptions or proper tagging to their sounds. This is one of the reasons I love detailed walkthroughs now.

whiskers likes this.
  8. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Many of the third party libraries are using soundsources included in Omnisphere as the base. With Omnisphere, you're paying mostly for the engine. It's a synth, not a sampler like Kontakt so everything you hear is crafted through the engine and a few wavetables which are usually part of the Omnisphere package though there are a few who include their own wavetables, it's not common.

9. Andrew0568

Andrew0568 New Member

Dec 1, 2018
    I just picked up The Unfinished's Amara and it's fantastic. Maybe a little off-topic, but what's everyone's other favorites libraries by him?

10. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Ferox is great. As is Pangea, for two libs at either end of the spectrum.

Ben H and Sopranos like this.
  11. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Looks like they were 79$ over a summer sale this last year

12. holywilly

holywilly Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I also came across this great 3rd party omnisphere soundbank by https://www.tomwolfe.co.uk/
    Purchased and used in my current project, great stuff!

Dandezebra, whiskers and sostenuto like this.
  13. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    was pleasantly surprised by this one too, especially for the intro price.

14. sostenuto

sostenuto Big NKS Fan !

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Link takes me to Bundle, (4) Libs, did not see any Intro. ????

whiskers likes this.
  15. whiskers

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Sorry, should have specified. Oblivion was 10 quid on intro sale

sostenuto likes this.
  16. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    PlugInGuru’s my absolute favorite. The guy’s so dedicated and such a musical mind. I’m particularly fond of his MegaMagic series.

sostenuto and chasmanian like this.
  17. Kuusniemi

Kuusniemi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Garry likes this.
  18. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Thanks, I added it to the list in the first post and to the poll.

Wow, The Unfinished is proving to be a popular chap in this poll! Current leader at 77% with 54 votes.

19. Not so with my patch collections. It's rare that I use the internal sound sources (they ARE amazing soundsources, let's be clear on that!). Most of what I do is either waveform based or my own imported samples (particularly in Robotica, which is a patch library like no other). For the film score guys, I recommend that one and, of course Ascension was one of the first ever patch libraries for Omnisphere and still very relevant today. :)

Cool to see ILIO on the list! Thanks guys! Oh, and you can download my free patch sampler here:
    https://www.ilio.com/freepatches.html

Check out each collection, here:
    www.ilio.com/patches

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    sostenuto likes this.
  20. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Pangea