Recommended Omnisphere add-on libraries - POLL ADDED

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Garry, Feb 23, 2019.

What are your recommended 3rd party developers for Omnisphere?

1. MIDIssonance

2. Ilio

3. Plughugger

4. PluginGuru

5. SoundDust

6. The Unfinished

7. Luftrum

8. Triple Spiral Audio

9. Hollo Sound

10. Audiority

11. String Audio

12. Subsonic Artz

13. Pulse Setter

14. Sonic Underworld

15. Man Makes Noise

16. The Sample CO

17. Vintage Synth Pads

18. That Worship Sound

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ben E

Ben E Active Member

Jul 5, 2017
    +1

Garry and MChangoM like this.
  2. damcry

damcry Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Have tried stupidly - for years - to find cheapest substituted synths.

What a waste a money when you consider that .... I finally bought Omnisphere .

iobaaboi, Garry, Jaap and 1 other person like this.
  3. AmbientMile

AmbientMile Member

Oct 24, 2014
    SoCal
    I just skimmed the posts here so forgive me if someone else mentioned it, but Audiority has great cinematic sets for Omnisphere. My other favs are Plughugger, Plugin Guru, Unfinished. And one that I've never seen mentioned is That Worship Sound. They have a pad set called Majestica that is one of my favorites (and I've bought A LOT of 3rd party libs for Omni).

Quasar, Garry, damcry and 1 other person like this.
  4. jtnyc

jtnyc Senior Member

Mar 5, 2013
    I second sticking to the factory library for starters. It's vast. There are some third party presets that I have and like, but a lot of it just gets redundant. Many third party sets use the factory sound sources only, while some others are now importing their own samples. With the repetition I've experienced with certain developers, I been weary of buying new sets. I love what I've heard from Midissonanse and will definitely pick up that bundle next time it's on sale. His stuff sounds top notch to me and he does import his own samples for some of his sound sets. To my ears, his stuff stands out from the factory library the most.

Check em out - https://midissonance.com

Vin, Garry and Kuusniemi like this.
  5. sylent01

sylent01 New Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Nashville,TN
    I’m considering Omni for my purchases this year, is there a good time to pick it up? Spectrasonics doesn’t seem to run many sales.

6. Kuusniemi

Kuusniemi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Do check out different retailers, they might have sales independent from Spectrasonics. I got my copy from a retailer in Finland for quite a lot less than normal price...

whiskers and sylent01 like this.
  7. Sopranos

Sopranos Senior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Best time for this one is always NOW. They don't run sales.

sylent01 and whiskers like this.
  8. webs

webs New Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Vin and Garry like this.
  9. webs

webs New Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Sales are rare I agree. Occasionally, the Guitar Center runs 15% or 20% promos that include Spectrasonics products. Musicians Friend too, I think?

And as a cool variation I seem to recall someone on this forum was able to do one of the Guitar Center trade-in promotions where they sold back used gear and got the trade-in credit, plus 20% off applied to the new purchase. They're doing a trade in plus 15% right now, but I think the 20% version only happens leading up to Black Friday (presumably so they have lots of used inventory for the holiday season)

sylent01 likes this.
  10. PaulBrimstone

PaulBrimstone Far, Far Away

Nov 22, 2016
    Of course, you can always buy an Omni licence in the “for sale” section, here or elsewhere. A tiny bit of a faff doing the transfer, but you save quite a bit and it worked a treat for me and others I know.

sylent01, webs and whiskers like this.
  11. Maiestic9

Maiestic9 New Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Can’t agree more with anyone saying Omni is great. After the 2.5 update the stock presets are over 10 thousand ! That’s insane and one will never get through them all ( and by chance you do ..there will be another update like the impending 2.6 that will add a bunch more )

Honestly, Omnisphere is in the top tier of “desert island plug ins “ and worth every penny of its full price.

When you throw in the abundance of amazing third party content from the likes of The Unfinished , Luftrum , Hollo Sound , and pluginguru ( to name a few ) it becomes a cornucopia of musical bliss that can find its way into any style .

Buckle up and enjoy the ride ..oh and save a bit for Keyscape down the road ...

whiskers likes this.
  12. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    This guy knows what's up.

Caveat Emptor I believe it becomes NFR after 1 resell, but again, not an issue for me, because you can pry it out of my cold, dead paws.

sylent01, webs and PaulBrimstone like this.
  13. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    I would recommend taking a look at Triple Spiral Audio for that sort of thing. His new Discovery - Crime Omnisphere sound set is especially along the (drama) lines of what you are looking for.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    whiskers, Garry and sostenuto like this.
  14. lp59burst

lp59burst I'm just a "hobbyist"...

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Well said - your list has many of my all time favorite O2 patch architects too...

SoNowWhat? and whiskers like this.
  15. holywilly

holywilly Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Saxer and whiskers like this.
  16. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Do they ever do sales on these libs?

17. Dandezebra

Dandezebra Sorry for the inconvenience

Jan 7, 2018

I was wondering the same.

whiskers likes this.
  18. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Active Member

May 8, 2017
    And this is exactly why I love omnisphere, it’s because of libraries like that. I could hear some BDT tones towards the end of their video demo, very freakin cool.

whiskers likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Some great replies on this thread, thanks all for the input - very helpful.

20. OP
    OP
    Garry

Garry Senior Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    In gratitude for everyone's input, here's a collation of the 3rd party developers for Omnisphere recommended on this thread, for everyone's convenience. This isn't intended to be comprehensive (it's clearly far from that!), but just those recommended by VI-C members. Please feel free to add additional links (EDIT: I've moved them to the first post in this thread to make them easier to find).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    dreddiknight and Jaap like this.