What's new

Recommendations on my gear for using Kontakt live

Leandrusi

Hi, Im having some issues with pops and noises during live playback of kontakt libraries, wich I believe have to do with the "CPU" and "Disk" indicators going red for brief moments (yes I know its obvious!).
So I ask if you people could please make recommendations on my setup in order to maximize the performance of the libraries in a live context.
Im using:
-V5.6.0. of Kontakt
-Lenovo laptop with i7 2.4Ghz processor, 4G ram, 1 300gb hdd, 64bits Windows 8.1
-Focusrite 2i4 (mainly as audio interface)
-Some samples, sf2´s and libraries like Alicia´s k´s, Giant piano, Scarbee bass, Session brass, Vintage organs... I´ve made a setup with 10 different instruments of that kind wich I blend or split with a controller. In the near future I intend to trigger some percussion loops as well (maybe with kontakt or ableton).

Also, I have kontakt installed in C as well as all the libraries and sounds I use, installed there because the laptop came with a partitioned hard drive wich had a rather small D: disk to that use (only 30Gb).

Is the hardware powerful enough to run 10 instruments live without fails? If so please give me a word of advise on how to optimize it.
You may as well wanna suggest me a different kind of audio interface, a SSD, some more ram, perhaps even a whole different laptop? IDK
THANKS in advance for taking the time to read all this and help a musician thats rather newbie to virtual instruments, I hear your recommendations! :)

Ben H

The hard drive looks like the weakest link in your system.
I would recommend upgrading it to an SSD.

Also I would recommend running DPC latency checker, to see if there is anything else that might be causing it.

Upgrading the RAM also wouldn't hurt, if you can.
It's not the end of the world if you can't though.
It should still be a capable enough machine.

OP
L

Leandrusi

The hard drive looks like the weakest link in your system.
I would recommend upgrading it to an SSD.

Also I would recommend running DPC latency checker, to see if there is anything else that might be causing it.

Upgrading the RAM also wouldn't hurt, if you can.
It's not the end of the world if you can't though.
It should still be a capable enough machine.
Thank you very much, Im about to buy some ram and then an ssd, im also been told by some other kontakt users that 4g ram is too little.
BTW that DPC latency checker seems very useful, but it dosnt works well on win8 according to the web.

Top Bottom