Recommend Soundiron libraries!

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by SBK, Apr 14, 2019.

1. SBK

SBK Active Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Hi guys,

Which libraries you recommend for hybrid orchestral music like from Soundiron?

I have Mercury Elements, Olympus Elements, Apocalypse Percussion, Mars and Venus Choir, Hyperion Strings Micro, Voices of Gaia, Voices of Rapture

And would like to hear what you guys use from Soundiron

nathantboler likes this.
  2. fiction

fiction New Member

Dec 21, 2018
    I don't have anything from them yet but everyone seems to like the libraries around here. If you search the forum there are some threads with users discussing some of the libraries they enjoy the most.
    Anyway, I'm about to get the Bamboo bundle and Clack with the current sale they're having because I could use some percussion variety and I'll get to know they're libraries.

nathantboler and SBK like this.
  3. holywilly

holywilly Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Voice of Rage!!!!! :dancer:
    You will somehow need it....for a special project.

4. Dandezebra

Dandezebra Sorry for the inconvenience

Jan 7, 2018
    Ambius,, Antidrum, Glitch Hero, they are so good.

nathantboler, Craig Peters and SBK like this.
  5. musicboyy

musicboyy New Member

I would also highly recommend these!

6. Satorious

Satorious Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I really recommend the Iron Pack although you'll need the full version of Kontakt. These have some wonderful sound-design potential. They aren't deep sampled, some of these are taken from their other sound libraries, so if you love a particular pack it might be worth upgrading to the full version.
    https://soundiron.com/products/iron-pack-bundle

7. TomislavEP

TomislavEP New Member

I have quite a few of their tonal and other percussion instruments as well as Olympus Elements and Olympus Micro libraries and also their Iron Pack Bundle. Although none of these seem to be designed specifically with hybrid orchestral music in mind, every Soundiron library always contains a substantial number of sound design patches that are derived from the original samples and they also have an extensive FX section allowing you to shape the sounds further. My personal Soundiron favorites in that respect are Alto Glockenspiel, Steel Tones and Noah Bells; each of them have quite a few ambient patches included that could be potentially useful for hybrid music.

8. Akarin

Akarin pragsound.com

Jan 14, 2018
    Switzerland
    APE is my go-to huge percussion ensemble for low end stuff. It sounds massive.

9. nathantboler

nathantboler Active Member

Dec 13, 2017
    California, USA
    You should check out Sonespheres 1 Distance
    One of my personal favorites.

10. Mark Schmieder

Mark Schmieder Active Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    The Theremin+ is magnificent; even better at emulating the real thing than my Moog Voyager (with LOTS of programming time at my end), and great to have long-term when the one from Wavelore is sort of abandonware at this point (and not as good anyway).

Zee, Craig Peters and nathantboler like this.
  11. miket

miket Senior Member

May 17, 2016
    New York
    Requiem Light was great to work with when I had it, and Soundiron was a joy to deal with when I resold the library. My SI experience is limited to that, but I can only say good things about them.

Craig Peters and nathantboler like this.
  12. smallberries

smallberries member at small

Jul 6, 2018
    San Francisco
    Also, the individual Iron Packs that make up that bundle are available for a few bucks each. I just picked up Tuned Glass during the sale for $3, and was pleasantly surprised at the extras in such a stripped-down release.

Satorious, Craig Peters and dzilizzi like this.
  13. BezO

BezO The Artisan

Jun 11, 2018
    DC
    I've missed the sale but strongly considered Antidrum. I kept changing my mind thinking I likely already have what I need, at least sound wise, and just haven't explored much yet; Evolve, Mutations & Mutations 2.

If you (or anyone) are familiar, is there significant crossover between Antidrum & the Evolve libs in regards to hybrid drums/percussion?

14. Dandezebra

Dandezebra Sorry for the inconvenience

Jan 7, 2018
    Funny you should ask! I realise yesterday that after I posted that, I don't actually have Antidrum (I must have been thinking of something else). I did just purchase it during the sale so I will be exploring shortly though.

fiction likes this.