What's new

Rec Change - Scoring for Social Change Film Scoring Competition 2021

Leslie Fuller

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just noticed another Film Scoring Competition, which “slipped under the radar”.

Unfortunately, registration has been open from 1st May, and the submission deadline is 30th June 2021!

The film to be scored (Merma) can be downloaded for free using a Google Drive link, and on acceptance of certain conditions!

A competition entry fee is payable.

See below for the competition details page, then go to: About, and click on: See Rules on that page to get to the download link which is in the rules document.

https://www.recchange.com/filmscoringcompetition

No problem. Only sorry I didn’t see it sooner!
The footage looks really good! There's a gaming (Music+SFX) entry too btw with the same deadline.

I'm not super familiar with the etiquette here (Years lurking til recently)... would this be the appropriate thread for participants to post their entries?

The footage looks really good! There's a gaming (Music+SFX) entry too btw with the same deadline.

I'm not super familiar with the etiquette here (Years lurking til recently)... would this be the appropriate thread for participants to post their entries?
I think in this case, you could only post your entry here after the competition closing date has passed. The rules specifically say to provide an “unlisted YouTube video link”, for your entry.

By the way, there is a video on the Rec Change YouTube channel, which gives some context for the scene to be scored.

I just wanted to add that the video listed above is almost necessary for the contest. Explains the characters, situation, background, and the conflict of the scene. These things are not self evident from the scene itself. You could certainly go in blind and still be the winner, but it is worth watching.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

If you’ve not already been notified, the winners of the Rec Change 2021 Competitions have just been announced.

See link below:

Ones anyone know how to find this short film? I’d really like to know what happens after the film clip we scored. (And I would also like to see the whole thing with the original score as well)

Thanks - Steve

Ps - Thanks to Leslie for finding these contests and posting.
:grin: See Spitfire’s new competition here:

:grin: See Spitfire’s new competition here:

Thank you so much Leslie for bringing all these competitions to our attention. Really appreciated (at least from my side)

Top Bottom