Reaticulate - articulation management for REAPER - 0.4.0 now available

OP
tack

tack

Damned Dirty Ape
0.4.4 is out with a long-standing user-reported bug fixed. (Hopefully. :))

Installing
If you're a new user (not upgrading), just follow these installation instructions.

Upgrading
If you've installed using ReaPack, you should eventually receive the update, but you can force it by following the updating instructions.

Here are the changes since 0.4.3:

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug where detecting manual articulation activation by output event (manual keyswitch or CC) would fail to take into account current destination channel/bus routing and could improperly reflect an articulation change in the GUI

P.S. @Divico this should fix the problem you reported.

Divico

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier. Having the program change react to moving notes would be great. I often have the situation, where I move notes a bit and change aritculations, ending up with multiple program changes piled up in one space. Not sure if Reaper can handle this though. Something like the CC selection follows note selection thing maybe.

OP
tack

tack

Damned Dirty Ape
Having the program change react to moving notes would be great. I often have the situation, where I move notes a bit and change aritculations, ending up with multiple program changes piled up in one space. Not sure if Reaper can handle this though. Something like the CC selection follows note selection thing maybe.
This is possible as of Reaper 6.0. The new MIDI editor option is "Bank/program change events follow note selection when CC selection follows note selection". As the option name suggests, it requires "CC selection follows note selection" is also enabled. (A bit more context here.)

Divico

This is possible as of Reaper 6.0. The new MIDI editor option is "Bank/program change events follow note selection when CC selection follows note selection". As the option name suggests, it requires "CC selection follows note selection" is also enabled. (A bit more context here.)
Purrfect. Thanks for the answer

John Longley

Surly and Charitable
I think if the library creation process becomes easier or you offer a paid version of this with pre built templates I would consider using REAPER for creative work (already use it for alot of work). Has V6 given you any new options for it?

OP
tack

tack

Damned Dirty Ape
I think if the library creation process becomes easier
It will definitely. I've got a bunch of code written for that, but it's not ready. I've got one more foundational change to do and then the nice pointy-clicky GUI for making articulation maps (banks) will be released.

And then, enabled by the aforementioned "foundational change," I'm going to make it a lot easier for users to share and discover banks.

I've no plans to turn Reaticulate into anything other than free and open source. I have a day job working for a company with certain expectations about intellectual property, and I want to be able to tell my employer I don't profit from this work. I feel it removes some of the potential friction.

Reaper 6.0 hasn't fundamentally provided any new capabilities in this area, save for a few UX improvements here and there like the ones around program changes I referred to earlier.

John Longley

Surly and Charitable
It will definitely. I've got a bunch of code written for that, but it's not ready. I've got one more foundational change to do and then the nice pointy-clicky GUI for making articulation maps (banks) will be released.

And then, enabled by the aforementioned "foundational change," I'm going to make it a lot easier for users to share and discover banks.

I've no plans to turn Reaticulate into anything other than free and open source. I have a day job working for a company with certain expectations about intellectual property, and I want to be able to tell my employer I don't profit from this work. I feel it removes some of the potential friction.

Reaper 6.0 hasn't fundamentally provided any new capabilities in this area, save for a few UX improvements here and there like the ones around program changes I referred to earlier.
Really excited to see what comes down the road with the new options for libraries. Thank you for all of your work!

RoyBatty

I think if the library creation process becomes easier or you offer a paid version of this with pre built templates I would consider using REAPER for creative work (already use it for alot of work). Has V6 given you any new options for it?
while that is great, please keep the option to edit the bank file directly. I love being able to use Brackets to edit and not have to use an interface that requires too much clicking and drop down menu selecting. I find direct editing much easier.

OP
tack

tack

Damned Dirty Ape
Sorry for the noob question, but right now, is there a repository of user created articulation for specific instruments?
There's a folder on github until I can put together something better. Scroll down for installation instructions.

John Longley

Surly and Charitable
Just shared on REAPER forum in the main thread, but I have created banks for all Chris Hein Solo Strings (Complete) and Ensemble Strings. I am not super good at this stuff, so somebody please help if necessary. I was unable to figure out the hotkeys like "repeat last note". Help welcome but not needed as I don't use the hot keys anyway.

LINK:

lucor

Something I just remembered: now that Reaper finally has a native track delay function, would it be possible to incorporate this into Reaticulate? Like in assigning different pre-delays for each articulation?

OP
tack

tack

Damned Dirty Ape
Something I just remembered: now that Reaper finally has a native track delay function, would it be possible to incorporate this into Reaticulate? Like in assigning different pre-delays for each articulation?
Yeah, that's another one on the to-do list. I want it for myself too. The native track delay function in Reaper makes this a little easier, but not as much as you might have thought as it still requires a fairly nontrivial design change in Reaticulate.

So many ideas, so little free time ...