What's new

Reaticulate - articulation management for REAPER - 0.5.13 now available

No problem! at all :) Looking forward to assisting with testing! :D
That's great, thanks! I could use the help. :)

I've created a pre-release version of the ReaPack which those of you interested in helping with testing can use. Obviously this isn't recommended for production use.

Code:
https://reaticulate.com/prerelease.xml

More details on how to switch over to it can be found on the download page.

Included in this pre-release:
  • Activating an articulation now scrolls it into view in the GUI
  • Articulations are now fed back to control surface
    • CC0/32 bank select indicates bank for articulation
    • Articulations can be expressed either as native program change events or custom CC events
  • Ensure articulations on same MIDI tick as notes are processed before the notes
  • Improve First Run experience (especially for portable Reaper installations)
  • Minor cosmetic improvements with drag-and-drop to reorder banks on the track configuration page

Great!
Are there any simple templates for test a feedback from Reaticulate to Lemur or TouchOSC?

I attempt to highlight a button corresponding to selected articulation in Lemur, but my skills in Lemur scripting is not enough for get a feedback - all I can is only send PrCh to Reaticulate, but I have a loop feedback if attempt to return a signal to Lemur - it seems as a routing is not well.

Also, first articulation is not present in a program articulation list - is it a bug? (
(update:
On the other computer first articulation string appears OK!)

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//! g=Lemur/test n=Lemur_test_Instrument_1

Bank 10 1 Lemur_test_Instrument_1

//! c=long-light o=note:24
1 Art 1

//! c=long-light o=note:25
2 Art 2

//! c=long-light o=note:26
3 Art 3

//! g=Lemur/test n=Lemur_test_Instrument_2

Bank 10 2 Lemur_test_Instrument_2

//! c=long-light o=note:24
1 Art 1

//! c=long-light o=note:25
2 Art 2

//! c=long-light o=note:26
3 Art 3

Attachments

• Lemur to Reaticulate test.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 6.56.58 PM.JPEG
    Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 6.56.58 PM.JPEG
    16 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.25.09 PM.JPEG
    Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.25.09 PM.JPEG
    36.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.24.58 PM.JPEG
    Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 7.24.58 PM.JPEG
    33.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
One articulation still be selected in any case - strange:

//! g=VSL/Chamber_Strings_SY n=VSL_Chamber_Cellos
//! chase=1,2,11

Bank 8 2 VSL_Chamber_Strings_SY_Cellos

//! c=long-light o=note:25,120/note:89,120
0 Long soft

//! c=long-light o=note:25,120/note:90,120
1 Long normal

//! c=long-light o=note:25,120/note:91,120
2 Long marcato

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:89,120
3 Legato soft

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:90,120
4 Legato normal

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:91,120
5 Legato marcato

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:92,120
6 Legato fast

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:93,120
7 Legato fast marcato

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:94,120
8 Legato slur/Portamento

//! c=legato o=note:26,120/note:95,120
9 Legato auto-speed

//! c=long-light o=note:24,120/note:92,120
10 Detache long (2VI,VA and Cello only)

//! c=long-light o=note:24,120/note:91,120
11 Detache (2VI,VA and Cello only)

//! c=long-light o=note:28,120/note:89,120
12 Tremolo

//! c=long-light o=note:28,120/note:90,120
13 Tremolo marcato

//! c=short o=note:24,120/note:90,120
14 Staccato

//! c=short o=note:24,120/note:89,120
15 Spiccato

//! c=short o=note:31,120/note:89,120
16 Pizzicato

//! c=short o=note:31,120/note:90,120
17 Snap pizzicato

//! c=long-light o=note:25,120/note:92,120
18 Flautando

//! c=long-light o=note:27,120/note:89,120
19 Sforzato

//! c=long-light o=note:27,120/note:90,120
20 Fortepiano

//! c=long-light o=note:29,120/note:89,120
21 HT trill/Licks up

//! c=long-light o=note:29,120/note:90,120
22 HT trill marcato

//! c=long-light o=note:30,120/note:89,120
23 WT trill/Licks down

//! c=long-light o=note:30,120/note:90,120
24 WT trill marcato

//! c=long-light o=note:27,120/note:91,120
25 Long crescendo

//! c=long-light o=note:27,120/note:92,120
26 Long diminuendo

One articulation still be selected in any case - strange:
Just wanted to mention that I'm away visiting family for Christmas so won't have a chance to dig into this for a few days.

One cursory observation is that you might avoid program 0 as there could be corner cases there.

//! g="Embertone/Crystal Flute"
//! chase=1,15,96
//! m="Velocity less than 13 is portamento. Velocity at 127 is ornament"

Bank 3 8 Embertone Crystal Flute

//! c=legato i=legato o=note:59
20 Legato

//! c=long i=note-whole o=note:58
22 Sustain

//! c=short i=staccato o=note:57
40 Short

//! c=fx i=trill-min3 o=note-hold:51
38 Minor 2nd Trill

//! c=fx i=trill-min3 o=note-hold:52
50 Major 2nd Trill

//! c=fx i=trill-min3 o=note-hold:53
51 Minor 3rd Trill

//! c=fx i=trill-min3 o=note:64
36 Ornament Minor
//! c=fx i=trill-maj2 o=note:65
37 Ornament Major

Last edited:
Hello, sort of like I saw the possibility of delay compensation in this script(fast, slow legato). How to set it up? Or I am wrong?

@tack First off, thanks for the brilliant plugin, love it.
Now, would you consider hosting user made banks on your website? Hopefully if people would help out submitting their banks, the selection would grow to cover most of the common libraries out there.

Now, would you consider hosting user made banks on your website? Hopefully if people would help out submitting their banks, the selection would grow to cover most of the common libraries out there.
Yes that's definitely on my mind. Originally I started out with the idea of factory banks -- a curated and quality-controlled set of banks that come bundled with Reaticulate -- but I think a Reaper Stash sort of approach is better, where users can upload their own banks and rate others'.

There are a few more pressing things I need to finalize first. :)

@tack, I tried reading through the Output Events section of the Reaticulate site, but as usual I'm fumbling around for an answer. This probably isn't possible, but I'm wondering if there is a way to program a specific CC to be blocked or disabled? I have an instrument using CC 20 that conflicts with my controller (CC 20 is reserved for another function), but the the developer didn't provide a way to change or disable this particular CC in the instrument. I'm thinking I might use CC Eater to block it at the track level, but would rather not do that if I don't have to.

Last edited:
This probably isn't possible, but I'm wondering if there is a way to program a specific CC to be blocked or disabled?
That kind of contextual filtering based on active articulation isn't possible natively with Reaticulate. One idea is to put the MIDI filter after the Reaticulate JSFX, and have Reaticulate send some special MIDI event as part of the articulation output events for each articulation -- to either enable or disable the filter -- and then add a MIDI link to the bypass control of the filter FX. Then Reaticulate could send an event to the downstream filter FX to either enable or disable filtering depending on which articulation was selected.

That kind of contextual filtering based on active articulation isn't possible natively with Reaticulate. One idea is to put the MIDI filter after the Reaticulate JSFX, and have Reaticulate send some special MIDI event as part of the articulation output events for each articulation -- to either enable or disable the filter -- and then add a MIDI link to the bypass control of the filter FX. Then Reaticulate could send an event to the downstream filter FX to either enable or disable filtering depending on which articulation was selected.
Good thought. I'll give that a try. Thanks again!

Another out of left field question. Is there any code I can use in the Reaticulate lua script that will allow me to change the background color from black to another color. Asking for a friend. ;)

Another out of left field question. Is there any code I can use in the Reaticulate lua script that will allow me to change the background color from black to another color
Is your friend on Mac perchance?

If they're using the prerelease, you can uncomment and change this line of code to change the background color. For 0.2.0, that line is here. I'm going to be adding an option to the Settings page to override the default color, because the theme background color detection only seems to work on Windows.

If they're using the prerelease, you can uncomment and change this line of code to change the background color. For 0.2.0, that line is here. I'm going to be adding an option to the Settings page to override the default color, because the theme background color detection only seems to work on Windows.
Huh. I thought I had upgraded to 0.2.0, but apparently not. I just upgraded and made the change and it worked beautifully, thanks. Another question, though. With the newer version, when I loaded Reaticulate on a track, four hidden Midi Feedback tracks appeared with four sends to these tracks on the instrument track. What's that all about? (And pardon me if I'm asking you to rehash old news.)

With the newer version, when I loaded Reaticulate on a track, four hidden Midi Feedback tracks appeared with four sends to these tracks on the instrument track
Four? Hmm, something's wrong there. It should just be one. If your project isn't overly sensitive I wouldn't mind having a look at it if you don't mind PMing it to me.

Feedback can be disabled. See here.

Four? Hmm, something's wrong there. It should just be one. If your project isn't overly sensitive I wouldn't mind having a look at it if you don't mind PMing it to me.
Unfortunately, it wasn't a specific project and I have since closed it and started a new one. So far I'm only getting one, now. I'm thinking the four must have appeared because that's the exact number of times I changed the color of the background and opened and closed Reaticulate.

Thanks again for such a wonderful script. I wish some of your genius would rub off on me.

Looks quite nice with matching colors...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 1.56.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 1.56.08 PM.png
    56 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom