What's new

Reaper Linking parameters Midi Velocity+ Envelope curves volume

Music_creator

I am looking for a way to link the to midi velocity value and the expression or volume automatization curve in track. For example, the track automation curve will have a value for low volume , and in the same way, midi velocities will automatically have a value for low value. That is, an envelope automation relationship that will control the velocities in midi. If there is any similar function?

robgb

I was young once
I am looking for a way to link the to midi velocity value and the expression or volume automatization curve in track. For example, the track automation curve will have a value for low volume , and in the same way, midi velocities will automatically have a value for low value. That is, an envelope automation relationship that will control the velocities in midi. If there is any similar function?
I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you want, but if you put an instance of midiVelocityScale VST at the top of your track, you can use the Param "learn" function to assign any of the sliders to a CC controller. Check your FX folder to see if it's in there. If not, you can download it from either Reapack or the Reaper resources website.

OP
M

Music_creator

Hello and thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I have not found any similar extensions. Did you specify the name of the extension exactly?I took a screenshot to make it clear to you, I want to assign a fader to control the velocity values depending on the moving of the fader. Please describe in more detail if there is such a possibility. it would be ideal if the velocity values were linked to the envelope curve. thank.

Attachments

• reaper.jpg
    reaper.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 3

Audio Birdi

Either the MIDI Velocity Scaler or MIDI Velocity Control JS effects plugins will work well as "learn"ed parameters. Combining with ReacontrolMIDI will help as well, but this was a workaround before Reaper finally implemented points / curves / lines as MDI parameters rather than the old "bars" way of adding MIDI data.

Attachments

• MIDI Help Reaper.jpg
    MIDI Help Reaper.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1

robgb

I was young once
Hello and thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I have not found any similar extensions. Did you specify the name of the extension exactly?I took a screenshot to make it clear to you, I want to assign a fader to control the velocity values depending on the moving of the fader. Please describe in more detail if there is such a possibility. it would be ideal if the velocity values were linked to the envelope curve. thank.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me it would just be easier to draw in the velocity as needed rather than trying to deal with envelopes.

OP
M

Music_creator

It takes a very long time to draw separately, since each note contains individual meanings. This is much better done through the curve automation interconnection.a bunch of three plugins looks like a rather cumbersome solution. it would be ideal if there was a more concise extension.

Top Bottom