Reaper and video

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by jadedsean, Oct 11, 2018.

1. jadedsean

jadedsean Senior Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Hey Reaper users, I'm trying to sync a video timecode in Reaper but for the life cant figure it out, could anyone point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

2. MartinH.

MartinH. Senior Member

Jun 16, 2018
    I've tried this before and gave up to get a stable solution going that has fluid playback with responsive scrolling through the timeline. I'd be interested in this as well. I didn't try any plugin-based solutions since I didn't have that urgent of a need for a solution, but if I had, that's where I'd look first.

jadedsean likes this.
  3. d.healey

d.healey Music Monkey

Nov 2, 2011
    England
    Could you be more specific, I'm assuming you've dropped the video onto a track in Reaper, then what did you do?

4. OP
    OP
    jadedsean

jadedsean Senior Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Yes I have dropped the video onto a track but the problem is syncing Reaper's time to the video timecode, I want to start on bar three and need the video and reaper to start simultaneously. Any ideas?

5. d.healey

d.healey Music Monkey

Nov 2, 2011
    England
    Go into File >> project settings and on the first tab change the project's start time then go to the video tab and make sure the settings there match your video's settings.

6. OP
    OP
    jadedsean

jadedsean Senior Member

Jun 28, 2016
    You Sir are a legend thank you so much, i appreciate it.

d.healey likes this.