What's new

Reaper 6 is here!

I need to actually study Reaper more. It's just that my workflow already works so well that I only ever feel compelled to watch guides in the rare case where I need to do something which I do not know how to do.

Same here. I'm taking the release of V6 as a catalyst for studying it more. I've learned a few things just in this thread. I want to get my head around some of the custom scripts and Reapacks at some point.

its not only the theme itself to make Reaper nice, it's the custom icons, the colors, the buttons and layout,

Loving the CC lane improvements and the addition of native track delay (used to do this with a JS plugin). Not impressed by the default 6 theme though (too dark for me). I've switched back to my modded Default 5.0 theme and all is good (@MartinH. you can always install 6 but *use* your Reaper 5 theme (Options >Themes>...)

@tack Reaticulate is 100% solid so far in 6 too :thumbsup:

I note the Reaper changelog specifically mentions "+ Performance: improve performance and reduce system resource consumption with large track counts". Unless it's confirmation bias I'm already seeing lower CPU usage (I think!).

@pmcrockett I think we might be able to gracefully retire "CCEnv" now and thank it for it's sterling work in CC blocking duties over the last couple of years!

I'm seeing the same scaling issue (as reported by others with Kontakt and Absynth) in Reaticulate as well when I have the UI settings set to Monitor Aware.

There isn't the option to run Reaticulate in a separate process though.

Any other workarounds or will I have to back to the Unaware setting?

Thanks.

For sure. Set track recording mode to MIDI (touch-replace).

1575585378276.png

No need for overdub, touch-replace will just cut in when you start moving the controller. You can rather fix the transition later on instead.

Thanks - this will speed up my workflow about some 50%! Very much appreciated indeed! MOMA

I do like the new default theme. The only thing bothering me are the far too shiny colours on the tracks, which were much more moderate before.

Ticks per quarter it's called and thanks, that did it! It defaults at 960 but to get it down to the amount that works for me I had to set it at 3! See below. The top one is a curve drawn in at 960 ticks and the bottom at 3.

1575569905644.png
It looks like curves in between some of the dots, how would you do that in Reaper, and how could you switch to a straight line?

Reaper's older Midi editor and CC handling in specific was the main reason I stick to Cubase. I'll now have a look at it again.

There are some nice Reaper themes indeed.

3.png

Concer%201.png

Also, in Cubase I have only 8 effect slots on one channel so I must sometimes create 2 group channels in the row to apply all effects I need. In Reaper, it seems, you can put whatever number of effects on one channel.

It looks like curves in between some of the dots, how would you do that in Reaper, and how could you switch to a straight line?

Reaper's older Midi editor and CC handling in specific was the main reason I stick to Cubase. I'll now have a look at it again.
In the bottom screenshot I think I manually added the curves. Alt-left click on the line to turn it into a curve I think. Not sure how to turn it back I to a line again.

and how could you switch to a straight line?

You hold down the Alt key and then double left click to make the curve straight again.

Or you can right click on one of the points and then from the context menu select Set shape for selected points > Linear (or Square, Slow start/end, Fast start, Fast end, Bezier)

But I just to the Alt + Double Left Click...

Top Bottom