What's new

Realitone Releases Screaming Trumpet Featuring Wayne Bergeron - SOS 5/5 Stars!

Hello Jeffrey (WarpIV), my English is lousy, so I will be brief.
From just fews demos on WarpIV site, yours instruments sounds incredible good. Really a rarely I hear a job so well done! Sound quality is just superb!
But with my full respect, and with just my view ( I know it may not be important for you) - you need find a really good designer for Kontakt GUI. For example, for me this is important as well as to the GUI was the most transparent, understandable and sexy. (From yours youtube channel you like BMW, and BMW is about motors and emotions, I'm right?)
Also YouTube presentation could be less discuss and more to play with instruments.. I know, that yours instruments has a lot of features, but everyone wants to play, not study (and not everyone have Ph.D.:geek: ).
Also it would present each instruments individually separately in videos and demos.
Cheers, Leo.

Hi,

I finally decided to go forward, and purchase Screaming Trumpet. I'm sure I will have lots of fun playing it, and using it in my productions.

Thanks to Realitone for making this unique, and great sounding Trumpet Library, and offering it at an attractive price !

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Hello Jeffrey (WarpIV), my English is lousy, so I will be brief.
From just fews demos on WarpIV site, yours instruments sounds incredible good. Really a rarely I hear a job so well done! Sound quality is just superb!
But with my full respect, and with just my view ( I know it may not be important for you) - you need find a really good designer for Kontakt GUI. For example, for me this is important as well as to the GUI was the most transparent, understandable and sexy. (From yours youtube channel you like BMW, and BMW is about motors and emotions, I'm right?)
Also YouTube presentation could be less discuss and more to play with instruments.. I know, that yours instruments has a lot of features, but everyone wants to play, not study (and not everyone have Ph.D.:geek: ).
Also it would present each instruments individually separately in videos and demos.
Cheers, Leo.
Leo, thanks for the advice. First, and most important, I bought a BMW M240i last year. It is an amazing drivers car, zero-to-sixty in 4.2 seconds (and with a bit of class)... Second, the interface to my woodwinds is not fancy, but it actually is extremely simple, easy to learn, computationally efficient, robust, and very playable. Everything works right out the box. My video (first ever) showed the features that advanced users might play with to customize and get the most out of their instruments. I wanted to demonstrate the capabilities of the woodwind libraries. All of the woodwinds work exactly the same way. Also, I unfortunately do not play the keyboard, so it is hard for me to really demo things live. But again, thanks for feedback.

Anyone using this with a breath or wind controller? How well does or doesn't it work?

I am looking to use it to double with "The Trumpet and other SWAM brass to give my brass sections some more balls.

The tone is definitely great, but playability with a wind controller is critical for me though.

I see...sorry, can't help you much there as I don't have a breath or wind controller, and I tend to draw in expression data. I will say that I don't know of any other crossfade instrument that changes tone as continuously and dramatically as SampleModeling, so I don't think you're going to get that level of expression in an individual performance with Screaming Trumpet. You might be better off using Trumpet 1 and 2 in SM. My experience with that particular phrase was that SM could provide all the dynamic information and Screaming Trumpet could provide that extra brassy tone of two trumpets playing together, and I used that combination over Trumpet 1 and 2, even though Screaming didn't have the same level of dynamic expression.

Wouldn't it be great if Realitone and SampleModeling could get together and make another trumpet based on Wayne Bergeron's playing, and with all the cool beginning and ending articulations in Screaming Trumpet?

Instant buy for me!

I will say that I don't know of any other crossfade instrument that changes tone as continuously and dramatically as SampleModeling, so I don't think you're going to get that level of expression in an individual performance with Screaming Trumpet.

Yeah, I'm not expecting that level of expressivness. I'm just hoping for something somewhat decent at least.

Also, I don't plan to use it in an exposed setting. Just in an ensemble setting to give some more punch and bite to the section sound.

I'm thinking I could probably get away with that.

SM could provide all the dynamic information and Screaming Trumpet could provide that extra brassy tone of two trumpets playing together, [snip] even though Screaming didn't have the same level of dynamic expression.

That's what I'm hoping

Wouldn't it be great if Realitone and SampleModeling could get together and make another trumpet based on Wayne Bergeron's playing, and with all the cool beginning and ending articulations in Screaming Trumpet?

Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Anyone using this with a breath or wind controller? How well does or doesn't it work?

I am looking to use it to double with "The Trumpet and other SWAM brass to give my brass sections some more balls.

The tone is definitely great, but playability with a wind controller is critical for me though.
It does have an expression slider which can be assigned to CC numbers, but it's a simulated expression (rather than crossfading between samples or using modeling), so I honestly don't know how convincing it would be. I like it, but I'm not a horn player.

The attacks and falls are triggered by keyswitches, which you can assign yourself (menus for each key) ahead of time, although the octaves where they live aren't moveable, so that may or may not be an issue.

Bottom line, heck if I know whether it works well with an EWI or BC! :grin: Give me your email address and I'll send you a free copy. Then let me know whether it works or not, so the next time someone asks, I'll be able to tell them.

Bottom line, heck if I know whether it works well with an EWI or BC! :grin: Give me your email address and I'll send you a free copy. Then let me know whether it works or not, so the next time someone asks, I'll be able to tell them.

Thanks so much. That's mighty generous of you! I'm not sure if I have enough know-how to be able to make it respond well enough, but I'd still like to try. :)

I'll send you a PM shortly. ;)

Thanks so much. That's mighty generous of you! I'm not sure if I have enough know-how to be able to make it respond well enough, but I'd still like to try. :)

I'll send you a PM shortly. ;)
@Ben H , How did it work out with the breath controller and layering with SM Trumpet? I'm looking at this, and hoping @Mike Greene is doing a black Friday sale price for it! ;)

@Ben H , How did it work out with the breath controller and layering with SM Trumpet? I'm looking at this, and hoping @Mike Greene is doing a black Friday sale price for it! ;)
A Black Friday sale is unlikely, because we do a 50/50 split with Warp IV, so even at $99, half is only $50, which crazy as this may sound, is barely worth the effort when you factor in tech support and advertising. (All of which is on my end, not Jeff's.)

So rather than wait for Black Friday, how about if you send me an email (mike at ... ) and maybe I'll send you a surprise so you can see for yourself whether the breath controller does what it should? ;)

In other news, it just got a 5 out of 5 stars review on Sound on Sound!

I think I've used it a few times with a TEC breath controller and it seems like it worked pretty well. But I'll be doing some jazzy stuff today, so I'll check it out again.

Did some big band work with the Wayne trumpet yesterday. I did use the TEC breath controller and it actually worked pretty well! It's not quite as elegant as the SM Trumpet, but as a top layer for the lead it really brings out the shine and power you need, plus the extra "jazz lead" articulations are awesome. I'll try to post a short example later.

Top Bottom