Realitone releases Fingerpick 2.0! More patterns, more features, plus a new nylon-string guitar!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Mike Greene, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

Just when you were thinking Fingerpick couldn't possibly be any more amazing, Realitone made it even amazinger!

First, here is what Fingerpick is about: We sampled my Takamine that has been on numerous records and TV/film gigs and is usually chosen over the Martin because it records so well. No lie, other guitar players have actually driven here to borrow it for sessions at other studios.

Fingerpick can be played in the normal way by playing the "blue keys," but what makes Fingerpick special is that you can trigger the Pattern Player (now 60 styles to choose from) by playing chords in the "green keys." 14 different chord types, in any key. The pattern player will follow the progression you play. With the yellow keys (keyswitches), you can switch pattern styles in the middle of the pattern or even in the middle of the bar.

So what's new in version 2.0? We doubled the number of patterns to 60, and now include 3/4 and 6/8 patterns. We added a Latch mode, so you don't have to keep holding the chords. We added knock and squeak samples, and even added a versatile Auto-Squeak mode.

And then we recorded a nylon string guitar to go with it. (For $40 more. Choose "Bundle" in the drop down purchase menu.) We also added a mixer page so you can adjust volume and EQ for each string, as well as pan, for a stereo spread. And ... you can select steel or nylon for each string to create hybrid guitars, which is surprisingly useful. I use a combination of steel for the lower strings and nylon for the upper strings a lot here.

Here's a video where I walk through the new features:

And here's the version 1 video, which has a more in depth walkthrough of the Pattern Player and original features:

For a few weeks (probably through the holiday season), Fingerpick 2.0 is just $89, the bundle is $129. Now, I know what you're thinking, "But Mike! How can you stay in business with prices so low???" Well, what can I say. Here at Realitone, we're givers! :grin:

For more info, visit the web page: https://realitone.com/products/fingerpick-2-0

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Vastman, PeterN, Polkasound and 10 others like this.
  2. David Cuny

David Cuny Words! Words! Words!

May 8, 2018
    But Mike... (he says): Does Fingerpick send MIDI out?

You know, for those people who have some special guitar sound, from some other VSTi, like Acoustic Lite? ;)

Just wondering.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  3. robh

robh Senior Member

Check out ~10:16 of the 2nd video.("Fingerpick Walkthrough")

Mike Greene likes this.
  4. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Wonderful: 2.0 “adds a new nylon string guitar to the original steel string guitar.“
    Was anxiously waiting for this!

Vastman and Mike Greene like this.
  5. David Cuny

David Cuny Words! Words! Words!

May 8, 2018
    Thanks! I saw the update on the webpage yesterday, and didn't see the older video there.

Of course, it's posted above. :rolleyes:

6. OP
    OP
    Mike Greene

You're right, on the web page, only the new video is linked. I should fix that. Or better yet, I really should just have one video that has everything in it. Releases are hard! :grin:

Vastman likes this.
  7. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Sounds pretty damn good. It has been on my radar for some time. Now, if I manage to behave during the BF sales...

FinGael and Mike Greene like this.
  8. elpedro

elpedro Active Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    I love the pick, mike! It’s indeed fabulous!

Mike Greene, Vastman and PeterN like this.
  9. elpedro

elpedro Active Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    You can drop the midi files into your DAW, for use with other VSTI.

Mike Greene likes this.
  10. PeterN

PeterN Senior Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Yea, this is a really nice toy.

I can say, before I bought it last year, I thought the interface looked a bit vintage, so I thought it might not be as fancy as some other developers guitar. But I bought it on sale, it was during one of those andalucian weeks when it was 44 degrees celcius outside, and you had to stay inside and do something. Ok, fingerpick, lets try it out, Oh, I was wrong, this guitar was really really nice and useful. Damn. Very nice sound too. And getting even better? Just great!

Mike Greene, Vastman and elpedro like this.
  11. MarcN58T

MarcN58T New Member

Jul 19, 2018
    So can you actually do solo with Fingerpick?

12. elpedro

elpedro Active Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    You can, but it wouldn’t be my go-to for that....

13. MarcN58T

MarcN58T New Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Ah. Seeing the other (first version) demo makes me convinced this product will be in my wishlist, but I'll wait until a better time. What's your go-to?

elpedro likes this.
  14. ohernie

ohernie Active Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Can the strings be individually tuned?

15. elpedro

elpedro Active Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    My go-to is an actual guitar, but when I’m lazy, I use Acoustic Samples Sunbird, or Orange Tree Samples.

MarcN58T likes this.
  16. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

Hey Mike! Great job! Love FP1 and will upgrade... Nylon per string option is brilliant as opposed to just another product, as others do!
    I notice you have 4 drop down purchase options but prices are same for new vs upgrades... I'm OK with that as the prices are already rediculously generous but why have 4 purchase options if so?

Mike Greene likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    Mike Greene

Because upgrade people can enter a coupon code, plus their Installation Instructions are different.

You should have gotten an email with the coupon code last week. If not, email or PM me and I'll give it to you. Of if you already paid full price before seeing this, let me know and I'll refund the difference.

Vastman likes this.
  18. OP
    OP
    Mike Greene

No, although if you're thinking tuning "fixes," there were some tuning tweaks we made which for some reason didn't get transferred into the new version. We'll fix that, along with adding the official NKS version next week.

elpedro likes this.
  19. elpedro

elpedro Active Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    That's the thing i like, when a product is not just thrown out there, and there is follow-up and updates. Cheers Mike!

20. ohernie

ohernie Active Member

Aug 4, 2015
    My experience is that guitar tuning is as much of an art as science. Tempered scale works great for piano, but is disconcertingly out of tune if you are playing an alternating bass, drone, style. Your typical "drop D" tune. Assuming the chords are limited to I, IV, V, it sounds better, to me, at least, to tune the strings to the harmonics of the low D. Chords outside of the D tonality will sound like hell, but they are generally not used in that kind of music.

An interesting addition would be to automatically re-tune the strings so every chord is in Just intonation, based on the root. No beating.

jamwerks and Mike Greene like this.