What's new

RDP keeps dropping between my Mac and PC Slave (VEPro)

garyhiebner

So I got a new PC Slave. I have been using Mac mini Slaves before this. So I have an iMac as my main Master machine running Logic, and now an i7 PC that is the slave machine running VEPro server. Now everything is running fine between the Mac and PC with VEPro.

My only problem is my PC is in another room, so I use Remote Desktop on my Mac to access it. But what happens is it feels like the PC somewhere goes to sleep. So everything is working fine with VEPro. And I can ping the PC form the Mac and everything. But when I try RDP into it. It fails to connect. Then I need to go over to the PC, hit a key on the keyboard and it sounds like something starts again even though the PC is running. Then when I go back to my Mac in the other room, then I can access the PC remotely. But then it seems to go to sleep again where I cannot RDP into it.

Very weird. I have looked at the Power management settings under the Device manger and have made sure the Ethernet isn't going too sleep. But is there a setting I am missing somewhere that has something to do with the RDP protocol going to sleep if you used? It is driving me nuts!

OP
G

garyhiebner

Thanks I eventually found where I had a weird sleep setting set on the computer. Thanks. All working now

Top Bottom