Rattly And Raw Present: beautiful CHAOS

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by rattlyandraw, May 10, 2018.

1. rattlyandraw

rattlyandraw Senior Member

Jan 22, 2014
    A SLIGHTLY MAD KEY/SCALE LINKED PATTERN GENERATOR

Beautiful Chaos was created to give the feeling of instantly capturing a tiny moment of sound and spraying it into a key and scale friendly, swirling cloud of musical bliss.

More technically, Beautiful Chaos allows the instant generation of key and scale linked, random patterns and soundscapes. We also felt it was crucial for the user to be able to capture a cycle of the pattern, enter their own scales and patterns and control external MIDI instruments from the Beautiful Chaos engine.

MIDI OUT MODE: this lets you control external instruments either in a DAW or midi with the Beautiful Chaos engine
    LOTS OF SOUNDS: we made 508 complimentary voices for you to mix and process within the Beautiful Chaos engine
    FULLY PROGRAMMABLE SCALE SYSTEM: either pick from a long list of premade scales or easily program your own
    PATTERN LOCK: stores the last cycle of the pattern sequence allowing you to lessen the chaos with ease
    EASY RHYTHMIC PROGRAMMING: a table lets you quickly draw in your own patterns in up to 32 divisions making odd time programming simple
    DYNAMIC RANDOMISATION: for maximum chaos, dynamic random mode constantly switches sound in all banks (with user defined time intervals). This makes for awesome evolving soundscapes
    HACK OUR STUFF: instructions included for replacing our sounds with your own

available now for an introductory price of £14.99 (usually £24.99) from:
    www.rattlyandraw.com

2. gregh

gregh Senior Member

Feb 1, 2015
    looks interesting - but I would like to see a short video demo of functions.

kgdrum and Steinmetzify like this.
  3. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Chug and Sludge

Jun 15, 2017
    On a mountain in the woods
    Agreed. Would also like a short demo.

4. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005

+1
    I really have no idea what this is capable of..........please add a demo video.

5. OP
    OP
    rattlyandraw

Jan 22, 2014
    Message recieved!! It's in progress! Thanks

6. bartveld

bartveld Active Member

Jul 6, 2016
    The interface seems somewhat similar to Riff Generation by InSession. I wonder how this is different.

7. LamaRose

LamaRose Gato Mighty!

Oct 26, 2015
    Took a chance on this and cannot wrap my head around it... definitely need a walkthrough detailing the iteration/randomization process.

8. OP
    OP
    rattlyandraw

Jan 22, 2014
    a HUGE apology for the delay to the walkthrough. We're AGAIN suffering from staffing issues. There is one in progress and hopefully will be with you soon. Lots of love to you all!

YogiFish likes this.
  9. YogiFish

YogiFish New Member

Jun 6, 2018
    I just bought this instrument, and yes it’s a bit different. But, that’s what makes it so interesting. The process of figuring this out helps stimulate my creative approach.

Most UI are so common and boring, that you end up doing the same music over and over again. Not sure what I will produce with this plugin, but I’m sure that ‘beautiful CHAOS’ will lead me to something new and wonderful.

Take the adventure and give it a try, the creative child inside will thank you. It doesn’t cost that much.

Sibelius19 and Wally Garten like this.
  10. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    I would really like to give this a try even without video if I could only download or print or whatever the manual at least without signing in another of this only-one-time-use-neads-another-password stuff....Sigh....that could not be so difficult to just offer a manual as pdf (and I dont care if its not finished, not the last version, just something I could READ to try to understand at least a littble bit of what this is all about).

11. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    (or of course develloper, evrybody else using it): maybe you already have diven deep enough into this see of inspiration to answer some simple questions:

- can you compose a complete song with these generated patterns instantly or do you have to export the midi for each patternd and then build the song out of it in the daw ?
    - if you choose the same "preset" (built in or generated from you) on different tracks how random does it react, will the tracks stay in "tune" (in case of scale AND generated chords) or does each drift in totally different directions so that you might get dissonances from it (chaos) instead of something "beautiful"

Have tried to follow the online manual as far as possible but that does not really answer these questions which are essential for me in case of workflow. I love random stuff as for example the SzcZ stuff like cracklefield, but the difference: he does the craziest stuff but writes the most beautiful and understandable manuals so you really know what you get.

I know that it dont cost much in case of money but I am sure it will cost lots of time to just understand the basics, so I would really be glad to at least be able to assess if it could fit in my workflow at all....

sostenuto likes this.