What's new

Randomly started getting real time peak spikes today

merlinhimself

Hey All,

My PC has been running smoothly for a bit, but today I randomly started getting spikes in the real time peak of cubase.

I wasnt getting anything this morning, had been working on a project, took a break, bought a new spitfire library and downloaded, downloaded a couple of Komplete libraries I hadnt installed yet. And later this evening went back to the project and kept getting spikes every few seconds.

Did a reboot of both machines, still nothing.

Spitfire also did its own update upon opening the download app. Possibly something with that? LABS has not been working for some reason thew past few days, it didnt seem to cause an issue a few days ago, but I might try deleting it from the plugin manager to see.

I would try a system restore to a date before LABS stopped working.

It was definitely LABS, I removed the .dll files so cubase wouldnt read it and now things are back to normal. So strange because LABS wasnt in the session but I guess itll still mess it up if Cubase has a faulty plugin

Hey Merlin,

just came across your post while randomly browsing. I've had spikes and lagging in cubase pro (10) as well, for the past 2 weeks or so...

I didn't know what I changed, or if I changed things at all in my system. Now I remember that I installed the new LABS and Epic Originals player, but haven't used them. Does Spitfire know about this? I'll remove the dlls as well, since I don't need them, and see if performance goes back to normal/stable.

thanks for posting this!

Top Bottom