What's new

Race to the Limitless Expanse - Orchestral Action

joannapena

Here's another big action track, which I love writing. Featuring Cinematic Studio Brass doing some heavy lifting! I've had L&S Chamber Strings for a while and haven't used them much, so this was my first go at layering them in with CSS to add in some sparkle, and I'm quite happy with it.

Woodwinds are all BWW Legacy, percussion is HZ01 and HWP, harp is Symphonic Sphere.

Very nice! :dancedance:

I hear a little John Williams in there, like at :34, but that's only a good thing.

Something bothers me about the sound, however. Did you do any major EQ work? Something sounds off. But the writing and orchestration sound really good!

Very nice! :dancedance:

I hear a little John Williams in there, like at :34, but that's only a good thing.

Something bothers me about the sound, however. Did you do any major EQ work? Something sounds off. But the writing and orchestration sound really good!

Thanks. There's not a lot of EQ. I took out some low mids in CSS and made the whole track a bit brighter, but that's it. Is there anything in particular you're noticing?

Here's another big action track, which I love writing. Featuring Cinematic Studio Brass doing some heavy lifting! I've had L&S Chamber Strings for a while and haven't used them much, so this was my first go at layering them in with CSS to add in some sparkle, and I'm quite happy with it.

Woodwinds are all BWW Legacy, percussion is HZ01 and HWP, harp is Symphonic Sphere.

Amazing!

Enjoyed the composition a lot! I do also think there is something off with the sound, though it might be a preference thing? It seems a little bit too midrangey at times, and lacking low end, particularly in the first half. Which, based on your followup, sounds like it was done on purpose. But to me it robs the song of some of its impact.

This is awesome. It reminds me of Shostakovich a bit, not that it sounds Russian or anything but in terms of how different elements are stacked to build up tension. Love it.

Top Bottom