What's new

R.A.W.- Free Online Ethnic Instrument Library

A chinese bamboo flute would be cool to sample, although Ethno World 2 already features one. As with most instruments, it just depends whether I get my hands on one.

Hi guys,

Just a little update to tell you that I'm back home after having spent 9 days in the hospital. Turns out my colitis bout was/is quite serious. It was a bit tough there, and I've lost 26 pounds in 3 weeks, but I'm better now, and can at least rest at home instead of in that crazy place full of screams and needles! :lol: :wink:

PS: Alan, if you're reading this, best of luck with your own health after that accident of yours!

Ned,

I was wondering how you were doing. Please take care of yourself and get better! I can't imagine what it would be like to go through an ordeal like that. At least you are back home, so you must be doing better! :)

Rent videos with Laurel and Hardy, laugh a little bit and get better. It's a developer's orders!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Hans! I think I'll follow your orders, but will go with Chaplin instead. I read his autobiography while in the hospital - what a guy!!! He used to produce, direct, edit(!), act, negotiate... everything! Mind-blowing compared to today's specialized world. Oh, and I'm having a blast catching up on all the audio news I missed while I was out... :wink:

Re: R.A.W.- A new website hosting free GS3 instruments

Dear Sir,
I am ready to demo and donate, but your log in bounces me out w/ a 404 authorization erroe. Ishould register but where? Please send me a link.

Chimuelo

hi herman,
i have a CD project using your wonderful tarka patch, russian zither, etc.
very expressive.
i'm at the pointy end of the production now.
up until it is released i can't release demos.
will let you know more closer to release.
best,
david robinson.

Dead Links :(

I have emailed for permission to demo the inmstruments and make a donation, after all, we are not communists...............Don Bartzizni..Godfather I.

Thank you for your constributions Herman, I still love playing and using your instruments especially the Russian Zither =o

Very cool Herman, are others allowed to contribute? I might have some instruments to shoot your way for everyone to use. :)

Good to see you around Alan. It seems a long time since you turned out some brilliant interfaces in the very early days of GPO. Glad you're Kontaktifyng Herman's exciting Ethnic library.

Cheers

Frank

I'm too under the weather these days to try them out, but I just want to say thank you so much guys for responding so quickly to my request! Very generous. :P

Ned,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not 100% at the moment but hope that you get over this bad spell sooner than later!

I've just come out of hospital myself, but at 63 you expect the odd bit of rust! :) Not so fair at your age........

Regards

Frank

Herman,

I haven't had a chance to listen to your exciting, and keenly priced! library but thanks very much indeed for sharing. Great to hear that Alan (the allrounder) is onboard! :)

I look forward to finding out more but everyone seems very impressed so far.

Keep up the good work.

Frank

Ooops! :oops:

How embarrassing......make mental note....must look at posting dates in future.......Gulp!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Frank
Gulp!

Thanks Herman, have just registered.

Extremely generous of you - this is a fantastic resource!

And of course, for anyone who has not yet discovered it, the Cinematic Duduk is great too.

Cheers,

Paul o-[][]-o

I get constant unzipping errors. Which program do you use to extract the files?

I'm hoping you've fixed this by now, but if not: You use MacRAR or WinRAR www.rarlabs.com

Hi Herman,

I just found out about your R.A.W. community, and have registered online. Hope to be approved soon :)

Added 24th Feb 2009:

Great sounds - can't believe they're free.
Many thanks!

It's good to know that people are still discovering these sounds. It makes me want to grab an instrument again soon to sample it :D

Top Bottom