R.A.W.- Free Online Ethnic Instrument Library

Herman Witkam

R.A.W. - Free Ethnic Instruments Library

http://www.witkamsound.com
Click on the 'RAW' button.

The instruments are generally in GS2.5 format (Gigastudio), with some GS3 and Kontakt patches as well. GS2.5 is a universal format which can be imported into Kontakt, EXS and others. For more info on that, refer to the manual of the sampler you're using.

Please read the license and instructions carefully before applying for a login. If I receive your login application at the wrong email address it may take longer for you to receive a login. This is because of the large amount of applications for a login.

Ned Bouhalassa

Is it very demanding to make a GS3 file into a GS2.X file? I'm asking only because quite a few of us who use other formats (EXS, Kontakt, Halion, etc) may not be able to use these sampled instruments. I usually have no problem importing GIGA unless it's GS3.

Alan Lastufka

Ned,

With enough interest and Hermin's permission I could program Kontakt versions of these instruments. The instruments themselves are very good and although I have GS3 I hate it and will be making Kontakt versions for myself. If he allows me to share you could grab the Kontakt versions from me.

Ned Bouhalassa

Sounds great, Alan. I use EXS, so I convert most formats using either EXS' built-in converter or CDXtract (work fine with Kontakt files).

Alan Lastufka

Hey guys, the Kontakt version is finished for the Percussion FX Vol. 01 and can be found here:

http://www.lastlibs.com/RAW-Perc-FX-NKI.rar

Herman did a fantastic job with these samples!

There are a few things I customized in the Kontakt version so be sure to read the ReadMe file if you've already worked with the GS3 version.

The flute will be as soon as I can.

Caleb

Wow great!

I usually have difficulty saying no to free samples. :D

It's a good way to test the kontakt and giga import on VSampler3.5.

Caleb

Niah

This is a great idea, thank you both Herman and Alan for your work.
Thank you also for the samples in GS2.5 format :)

Ned Bouhalassa

I'm too under the weather these days to try them out, but I just want to say thank you so much guys for responding so quickly to my request! Very generous. :P

Ned Bouhalassa

I suffer from ulcerative colitis, and I'm in the middle of a particularly bad episode. I'm spending almost all my time on the couch, so I'm very thankful for my new WiFi laptop! :wink: I'm very well taken care of and should be back in top shape within a month or so. Thanks for caring, Alan! :P

Frederick Russ

Founder Emeritus
wow - I had no idea Ned. Hope you start to feeling better man.

Cool stuff Herman. I had no idea you were into sample lib development - best of fortune to you in this new field.

Caleb

Oooh thanks.

I'm looking forward to using the Tarka flute in something. It's a rather inspiring instrument I think.

How about a chinese bamboo flute. :D

Actually just out of curiosity - have you got a list of instruments you're thinking of sampling.

I'm rather interested in seeing what's coming up.

Caleb