Question about viewing threads

Discussion in 'Questions about the new site? Ask here!' started by sean8877, May 15, 2018.

1. sean8877

sean8877 Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, is there a setting somewhere that will let me view unread forum threads from the beginning when I click them? Currently if I click a thread that I haven't read the page automatically scrolls to the very bottom of the thread. I usually have no idea what the original post was so I have to work my way back through (sometimes several pages) of responses to get to the original post. Not really a big deal, more of an annoyance. I don't see any settings for this in my account preferences. Thanks for any help.

2. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Hi, you can always use the pagination, you will find it both at the top and the bottom. Click on the first page and you will find the start of the thread.

69c55041aa9c3929eb1a8cfcdaab4716.png

Hope this helps!

Andre

3. OP
    OP
    sean8877

sean8877 Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks, that looks like the easiest way to get back to the beginning of the thread with the current settings. I was just wondering if there was a setting I was missing that would default to the beginning of a thread instead of the end. But in the meantime I'll jump manually with the page numbers. Thanks for the reply.

creativeforge likes this.
  4. Mike Greene

Mike Greene Administrator

When you're in the "Latest Posts" feed, if you click on a thread you've previously visited, it automatically takes you the next newest post after your last visit to that thread. That way you don;t have to scroll through the whole thread to get back to where you left off.

If you never visited the thread before, it takes you the first post. At least it should take you to the first post. :grin:

If you're prefer to always go to the first post, then instead of "Latest Posts," choose "Recent Posts." With "Recent Posts," you are always taken to the first post.

creativeforge likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    sean8877

sean8877 Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Thanks that sounds like exactly what I was looking for, I'll check it out