What's new

Question about script update

Claud9

Hello everyone,
I have modified the script of an instrument I did some time ago.
I have saved and overwritten the old .nki file with the new one with the updated script.

Why if I open an old Logic Pro project where I used a Kontakt instance with my old Instrument I still have it with the old script?
I mean how is possible if the instrument with that old script does not exist anymore...?
It's because the DAW save a "picture" of the instrument inside my Logic project (script included)?
If that is the reason, is there a workaround to have my updated script loaded also in my old Logic projects did with the "old" instrument?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If the script has the same name as before, and the NKR also is the same, AND the old Logic Kontakt instance was originally using the NKR, then it should update.

If for some reason it couldn't find the NKR or the script name had changed, it will use the local copy of it inside the NKI editor, which yes is stored with the Logic project.

If the script has the same name as before, and the NKR also is the same, AND the old Logic Kontakt instance was originally using the NKR, then it should update.

If for some reason it couldn't find the NKR or the script name had changed, it will use the local copy of it inside the NKI editor, which yes is stored with the Logic project.
So I should have included the script in the "script" folder inside the resource folder before creating the NKR? I think I haven't done that. Also, I have saved the instrument with the "Apply from Editor/Patch" setting...

So I should have included the script in the "script" folder inside the resource folder before creating the NKR? I think I haven't done that.

Yes, you should've done that. If you didn't, the scripts cannot automatically update.

Also, I have saved the instrument with the "Apply from Editor/Patch" setting...

Yes, then it definitely won't automatically update scripts. You need to link to the script in resource container for that to work.

As it is, you need to manually replace NKIs in your DAW projects, one by one, for every project where they were used.

Top Bottom