What's new

Quarks (CSSS, CSS, Alicia's Keys)

Toby Alexander

Here's a short minimalist piece with heaps of that non-vibrato from CSSS. I was going for an organ/pad like background texture by using clustered chords across solo instruments, illusion of a larger ensemble and all that. I really think you can use this vibrato switch to great effect, I agree that the vibrato can be a bit over the top sometimes but it can really soar. Main melody kicks in here at 1:27 and 2:52 so takes a while to get going. Would really appreciate any feedback, thanks :)

This is unashamedly similar to another piece of mine I posted on here a while ago: "Dimenhydrinate". I
wanted to try something in the same style but with CSSS.

I like it a lot! It would fit perfectly the opening of season three of "Westworld", with some philosophical narration at the beginning. I love the tension.

Thanks Robo. Haven't checked out Westworld yet but I loved that old Michael Crichton movie, it's like Jurassic Park but robots! Glad you like it, appreciate the feedback.

Just watch it, you will understand what I mean! It's a positive comment.

Ah I see what you mean, thanks that's my kind of music. That's also Ramin Djawadi, he was in that Spitfire Hans Zimmer Composer Round Table video, since hearing about him I see his name pop up everywhere. I spose I'll definitely have to check out Westworld now :)

Here's a short minimalist piece with heaps of that non-vibrato from CSSS. I was going for an organ/pad like background texture by using clustered chords across solo instruments, illusion of a larger ensemble and all that. I really think you can use this vibrato switch to great effect, I agree that the vibrato can be a bit over the top sometimes but it can really soar. Main melody kicks in here at 1:27 and 2:52 so takes a while to get going. Would really appreciate any feedback, thanks :)

This is unashamedly similar to another piece of mine I posted on here a while ago: "Dimenhydrinate". I
wanted to try something in the same style but with CSSS.

Briljant!! Thanks for charing:)

Top Bottom