Quarks (CSSS, CSS, Alicia's Keys)

Toby Alexander

Here's a short minimalist piece with heaps of that non-vibrato from CSSS. I was going for an organ/pad like background texture by using clustered chords across solo instruments, illusion of a larger ensemble and all that. I really think you can use this vibrato switch to great effect, I agree that the vibrato can be a bit over the top sometimes but it can really soar. Main melody kicks in here at 1:27 and 2:52 so takes a while to get going. Would really appreciate any feedback, thanks :)

This is unashamedly similar to another piece of mine I posted on here a while ago: "Dimenhydrinate". I
wanted to try something in the same style but with CSSS.

Robo Rivard

I like it a lot! It would fit perfectly the opening of season three of "Westworld", with some philosophical narration at the beginning. I love the tension.

OP
Toby Alexander

Toby Alexander

Thanks Robo. Haven't checked out Westworld yet but I loved that old Michael Crichton movie, it's like Jurassic Park but robots! Glad you like it, appreciate the feedback.

OP
Toby Alexander

Toby Alexander

Just watch it, you will understand what I mean! It's a positive comment.

Ah I see what you mean, thanks that's my kind of music. That's also Ramin Djawadi, he was in that Spitfire Hans Zimmer Composer Round Table video, since hearing about him I see his name pop up everywhere. I spose I'll definitely have to check out Westworld now :)

Maxfabian

Here's a short minimalist piece with heaps of that non-vibrato from CSSS. I was going for an organ/pad like background texture by using clustered chords across solo instruments, illusion of a larger ensemble and all that. I really think you can use this vibrato switch to great effect, I agree that the vibrato can be a bit over the top sometimes but it can really soar. Main melody kicks in here at 1:27 and 2:52 so takes a while to get going. Would really appreciate any feedback, thanks :)

This is unashamedly similar to another piece of mine I posted on here a while ago: "Dimenhydrinate". I
wanted to try something in the same style but with CSSS.
Briljant!! Thanks for charing:)