What's new

MoteMusic

I'm putting out a downloadable music pack for people to use in their game projects, and this is the final track. After a good many weeks I'm now at the stage just to tweak before putting it out there. I would love to know how it's sounding to you!

All synth patches etc. are built variously from Diva, Mangle (granular synth), eDNA, and some use of the Cubase sampler track, which is surprisingly cool. Strings are Berlin.

The track is designed to loop.

Thanks VI-ers!

Rohann

Professional Forum Browser
Really nice, I don't think you should give it away for free.
I wonder about the ramifications of this philosophically. I can't help but think it ultimately hurts the perceived value of composed music in the long run. I don't think it should be given away for free either, and I'd go so far as to say it's a bad idea.

AdamAlake

Music Person
I wonder about the ramifications of this philosophically. I can't help but think it ultimately hurts the perceived value of composed music in the long run. I don't think it should be given away for free either, and I'd go so far as to say it's a bad idea.

My point exactly. I get the exposure angle to this, but there are other ways and I am not sure if the sort of exposure gained is the right kind.

OP
MoteMusic

MoteMusic

I must clarify- I'm going to be selling this, not giving it away! I absolutely agree with you guys that to do so would devalue all of our collective work, and is likely to attract the attention of those who want something for nothing rather than those who want to support and create something truly valuable.

Rohann

Professional Forum Browser
I must clarify- I'm going to be selling this, not giving it away! I absolutely agree with you guys that to do so would devalue all of our collective work, and is likely to attract the attention of those who want something for nothing rather than those who want to support and create something truly valuable.
Glad to hear that!

Top Bottom