What's new

Pulse Downloader Questions

MatthewG

Until now, I've never had issues with the Pulse Downloader. Today, when attempting to install Waverunner Audio's 'Celestial Guitar' library, I'm presented with the following error:

Error: Unable to install to this directory, please choose another. ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Users/Shared/Samples/Celestial Guitar/.pulse/extract/0'

I dug into the log file and found this:

[2021-09-29 13:32:52.865] [debug] (extract) Spawning /Applications/Pulse.app/Contents/Resources/binaries/lsar "-j" "/Users/Shared/Samples/Celestial Guitar/.pulse/download/wa_celestial_guitar.zip"
[2021-09-29 13:33:09.563] [warn] (extract) Can't parse lsar output line "XADFileSize": 0. SyntaxError: Unexpected token } in JSON at position 22

I've made repeated attempts (even tried changing install location) with no success. Anyone else run into this? Btw, I am using the latest version of Pulse (40.1.1)

Last edited:
Only thing I can say that they seem to be busy at the moment on some changes and fixes. I actually had some problems (but other ones and on windows which is still 40.1.0) too today. Best to sent them the logfile. Usually they are very responsive. I would assume that at the moment with really improving the app (especially for updating libraries) there might be some bugs.

Thanks for the replies. I've contacted Pulse Downloader support and detailed the issue. Hopefully I hear back soon as I'm eager to get going with this library.

This is a bug with Celestial Guitar and how it's setup in Pulse. We have contacted Waverunner Audio to ask them to change their settings :)

Only thing I can say that they seem to be busy at the moment on some changes and fixes. I actually had some problems (but other ones and on windows which is still 40.1.0) too today. Best to sent them the logfile. Usually they are very responsive. I would assume that at the moment with really improving the app (especially for updating libraries) there might be some bugs.
Please drop us an email to let us know what issues you had :)

Just got the Update for Pulse 40.1.6 - after the update pulse says all my libraries are "not" installed. They are still usable but I have to re-locate all of them now. Is there a workaround where everything is fixed at once?

Just got the Update for Pulse 40.1.6 - after the update pulse says all my libraries are "not" installed. They are still usable but I have to re-locate all of them now. Is there a workaround where everything is fixed at once?
Hi Sunny please drop us an email and we can take a look

Windows 11 Pro (Insider) here and just added new VEEvum - Sync lib. All went well.
Four earlier Veevum libs display 'update available' & 'Open' _ will do so.
Five others display 'Open'. Eighteen display 'Install'.
Not clear what should be done with the 'Install' libs.

They are still usable but I have to re-locate all of them now.
I have the same problem, except for that I can't even relocate them. They just sit there, begging for an install which has been done already earlier. I guess it must be because I reinstalled Pulse for this new computer and everything downloaded and installed prior to that claims to not to be installed.

How can I tell Pulse those paths and inform it that the libraries are already installed?

I have the same problem, except for that I can't even relocate them. They just sit there, begging for an install which has been done already earlier. I guess it must be because I reinstalled Pulse for this new computer and everything downloaded and installed prior to that claims to not to be installed.

How can I tell Pulse those paths and inform it that the libraries are already installed?
Can you please drop us an email and we can take a look?

Didn't find an email address for you guys so I figured a regular website contact form would do the same. So, ticket sent!

First ever major issue. Totally unclear what transpired.
Trying 'handheldsounds' freebies, prior to larger purchase.
3 0f 4 went ok _ last one, Table Drum error'd in unknown way. Got 'reconnect' message, then several re-cycles. Finally loaded after looong period and much HDD activiy sounds ( 12TB Seagate Barracuda Pro ). Use this drive for all downloads. Have Folder for '2021 Downloads'.
After 'Table Drum' completed, Entire 2021 Downloads Folder content deleted. 😭
Many, important, paid library downloads gone. How can this happen ?? Quite comfortable with Win10 Pro, Windows since before Win 7. Content definitely gone. HDD continues with out issue, and other key Folder: 2020 Downloads remains untouched. Clearly Pulse process deleted content in 2021 Downloads Folder. Very upset and displeased !
Do not recall actual Folder content size. Several checks, including WizTree, confirm only minor content related to the HandheldSounds downloads.

First ever major issue. Totally unclear what transpired.
Trying 'handheldsounds' freebies, prior to larger purchase.
3 0f 4 went ok _ last one, Table Drum error'd in unknown way. Got 'reconnect' message, then several re-cycles. Finally loaded after looong period and much HDD activiy sounds ( 12TB Seagate Barracuda Pro ). Use this drive for all downloads. Have Folder for '2021 Downloads'.
After 'Table Drum' completed, Entire 2021 Downloads Folder content deleted. 😭
Many, important, paid library downloads gone. How can this happen ?? Quite comfortable with Win10 Pro, Windows since before Win 7. Content definitely gone. HDD continues with out issue, and other key Folder: 2020 Downloads remains untouched. Clearly Pulse process deleted content in 2021 Downloads Folder. Very upset and displeased !
Do not recall actual Folder content size. Several checks, including WizTree, confirm only minor content related to the HandheldSounds downloads.
Can you please email us at [email protected] please? It sounds like you are using a very old version of Pulse perhaps which had delete functionality in it (but this would only delete files if you selected "Delete Content" when uninstalling your product). If you can email us we can investigate further

I
Will do, but confident Pulse is recently updated. Trying to check version, but not finding.
If you can email us we can take a look at your log file and see what happened. If you're on the latest version of Pulse then it's most likely a hard drive issue that caused this as Pulse cant do that . We can look once you email us anyway :)

Please drop us an email to let us know what issues you had :)
Hi. I am trying to download the Orakle by MNTRA Instruments. The downloader is not getting complete files, and deletes some files after downloading.

This is the file path to which I am trying to download...
D:\Studio\Software Instruments\Kontakt\MNTRA Instruments\Orakle\.pulse\download

Please advise.

Top Bottom