What's new

PSP Triple Meter _ VUMT _ Other ??

Many thanks @ 'all' !! :thumbsup: Have TBProAudio meters. Luv Klanghelm MJUC jr, IVGI, DC!a ..... owe him a purchase !

Cubase blackist tip is appreciated.

I still have licenses for both PSP and VUMT, and they are great tools. I am current with PSP, and do use it from time to time.

I finally picked up the Wave Dorrough Meters, and I really like them. I come from a broadcast background, so I used their physical gear all the time, there is a certain comfort there.

I think anyone would do well with any of the three (and probably others.) The important thing is to have metering you trust.

I prefer VUMT deluxe myself. BTW PSP meter gets blacklisted in Cubase here.
Got blacklisted in Nuendo 10.2 as well. I took it off the blacklist list and Nuendo went berserk. Works in VEPro 7 without a hitch but you really want it in your DAW. First time I have ever had an issue with a PSP plugin. If you check the net, there is a long standing issue with PSP TripleMeter and Cubendo

Spaced out Waves _ Dorrough Meters, which is absurd. Current $38. promo price may be ok.

I don’t understand why one would use this type of meter rather than the rather clear and easy to read ones that are on every channel in my daw? What do these style meters bring to the equation?

I don’t understand why one would use this type of meter rather than the rather clear and easy to read ones that are on every channel in my daw? What do these style meters bring to the equation?

A type of visual musicality. Kind of like when your told to mix with your ears, not your eyes.

For me its a better visual representation of whats happening with the signal. VUMT & other have different meter types which can be an selected quickly, great for setting up critical signals, gain staging as well as frequency weighted mixing.

What is important in vu plugins getting them to behave like h/w. The rise & fall in PSP's are very good & truth be known the freebie from Waves has the best visual ballistics, unfortunately they're limited in features.

Last edited:
Top Bottom