What's new

ProjectSam Free Instrument download #2 (Sordino Violins)

are they recorded with real mutes or is it an EQ effect?

Good Question. Hopefully they are recorded with real mutes.

I think if they used EQ effect to simulate mutes, they would have mentioned that somewhere, so I would guess they are the real deal, violins with mutes.

Last edited:
Good Question. Hopefully they are recorded with real mutes.

I think if they used EQ effect to simulate mutes, they would have mentioned that somewhere, so I would guess they are the real deal, violins with mutes.

They sound really nice, I much prefer them to the Sordino effect in CSS.

sounds really good. damn - and for free, we live in good times. I remember times, when the sonivox strings were really expensiv and known for the best Sordino. in comparison These Project sam strings sound better.

Projectsam's Strings are actually pretty well recorded. The tone sounds great. Imagine they have true legato sampled, that would be a killer string library.

previously they revealed some new works in the progress right? Everyone was guessing what's the new product.

Yes, I think it's most likely Symphobia 4, unless they also have plans for releasing another library, (Strings).. Maybe, but I kind of doubt that happening.

A quick test I made featuring 3 instances of ProjectSAM's Sordino Strings (one with a gated/delay effect), with piano & pizz bass/cello & percussion:

They do indeed sound great, but I have a problem that they won't release. I end up with every key strike getting stuck in an infinite loop. My Kontakt skills are not good enough to be able to interrogate the back end to see what is happening...

Top Bottom