Project Chaos Release Date And Competition!!! - SAVE THE DATE REVEAL

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Daniel James, Oct 1, 2018.

1. New Neighbor

New Neighbor Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
  2. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Really loving writing some music with Alpha and Bravo. I'm hoping Chaos comes with a full on Perc/Drum library to compliment everything else. Perhaps that's wishful thinking but you never know! :)

3. tav.one

tav.one Brown Composer

+1

4. OP
    OP
    Daniel James

Daniel James Senior Member

Jan 9, 2008
    No 'traditional' perc library included in this one, we are focusing on new concepts and ideas. We have kept some fan favorites and built up our new categories. But lets just say it wont be the end of that story though. You will see when its released.

-DJ

Mystic, Akarin and jononotbono like this.
  5. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

Ah well that's cool. Exciting regardless. I have every single patch from Alpha and Bravo in my template at the minute and I'm loving trying everything out so quickly. And Sound Design can go anywhere.

Have you ever thought about releasing a Perc library? I’m surprised you haven’t already as you are a self confessed “Perc Whore” haha!

6. OP
    OP
    Daniel James

Jan 9, 2008
    I think I will do one after Chaos. Feels like its time :)

-DJ

Akarin, paulmatthew, cqd and 3 others like this.
  7. jononotbono

jononotbono Luke Johnson

YES! This is amazing news. Could you please consider mapping out the dynamic layers across the keys like Strikeforce does? After using Strikeforce quite a bit I simply love that approach. To the point where I wish all my libraries are like that. I find it so quick to play parts in that immediately have variation (perhaps my opinion will change when I finally get a Controller Keyboard with Triple Sensors etc that actually allows me to change the Velocity curve - mine doesn't even allow that and is shit).

Anyway, this is very exciting to hear and looking forward to see what your take on a Perc library is!

8. midi-et-quart

midi-et-quart 12:15

Apr 16, 2018
    Even if I'm not that into that hybrid type of music, I am definitely looking forward to this release. Especially if you programmed a way to make your own sound design from your own samples. It would be great to know a few more things about it if that's the case...

9. OP
    OP
    Daniel James

Jan 9, 2008
    Keep an eye out next week for some more info! ;)

-DJ

Akarin, zimm83 and midi-et-quart like this.
  10. DarkestShadow

DarkestShadow Senior Member

Yay, cool! I'd love to also see some processed and layered versions included then, since you are obviously very good at this!
    There aren't that many perc libraries with sounds you just load up and they are huge and ready to go for epic/trailer tracks. One of the best is still the Big Boomers from Stylus RMX, which is... 18 years old...?

11. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    It shall be called Project Delusion? :D

12. Aaron Frensley

Aaron Frensley Member

Oct 2, 2018
    :emoji_thinking:

Kony and Daniel James like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Daniel James

Jan 9, 2008
    why?

14. OP
    OP
    Daniel James

Jan 9, 2008
  15. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
  16. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    To continue the trend of Chaos, of course. :) Much more fun name than using NATO alphabet.

17. TravB

TravB Senior Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Just purchased the Alpha/Bravo bundle, feeling really good about it (for several reasons) and looking forward to the Chaos product! The products themselves are outstanding, and the bundle price is a no-brainer. But equally important, in my humble opinion, is to support Daniel James. Words can barely describe the positive impact and inspiration he provides as a contributor to the VI community... Many thanks, Daniel!! Not kissing ass, just sincere thanks for the experience, commentary, and passion he shares for our benefit.

Akarin, stixman and Kony like this.
  18. midi-et-quart

midi-et-quart 12:15

Apr 16, 2018
    :emoji_ok_hand:

Aaron Frensley likes this.
  19. jcrosby

jcrosby Senior Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Boston MA
    Project DEFCON :grin:

20. OP
    OP
    Daniel James

Jan 9, 2008
    I see! roject Delta does sound kinda badass tho. Project Charlie sounded wank.

-DJ

Mystic likes this.