Presonus Faderport 16

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by synthpunk, Oct 17, 2017.

1. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    OK, but I think there may have been some confusion as to why EUCON was involved, since that is the requirement for Guy's approach. Just trying to help out here...

According to the response I received from DevilTools - it will never be possible to have a fader chase MIDI.

2. s_bettinzana

s_bettinzana Member

Mar 26, 2016
    I spoke with the developer of DFader and he said that it could be possible to open a MIDI-IN port in DFader to have a feedback on the motorfaders. In other words, if you are able to send the MIDI data to this port, the motorfader would follow the MIDIcc to which it is associated.

Now the HUGE problem is outputting this MIDIcc stream from the DAW; the one stream associated with the selected track (I am interested in the selected track because this is my workflow; I think that the vast majority of the users use the selection as a target for writing the MIDI data).
    That said, I have no idea how to do this (with Cubase, which is the DAW that I know).

3. AlexRuger

AlexRuger Senior Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you do this with the Generic Remote? I got bidirectional MIDI in a touch fader template I put together in Max/MSP doing this (ultimately scrapped it though since Max only supports touch when run through a browser...for some reason).

4. kunst91

kunst91 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Trevor uses bidule for this

synthpunk likes this.
  5. s_bettinzana

s_bettinzana Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Thank you! There could be something useful in your answer (the Generic Remote thing). I will check and report here.

6. SilentBob

SilentBob New Member

Jul 19, 2013
  7. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    Zoinks! So much for the email I got from DFader support!

This is different from what Guy is doing, right?

I may need to take a second look at Cubase if I can't find a similar solution in Logic...

8. URL

URL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Artic C
    :)

Edit:我認為這是父親運動的一個很好的示範16。

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  9. stonzthro

stonzthro Senior Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Westwood, CA
    make sure you have closed caption turned on for this one!

10. URL

URL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Artic C
    Good advise-I'm up for a faderport 16 after this vlog.:cool:

11. s_bettinzana

s_bettinzana Member

Mar 26, 2016
    I am not in my studio this weekend and I wonder if the MIDI cc data written in the way captured in the video are really written in the MIDI part or are equivalent to a regular automation curve. If it is the last case, it is very very similar to the well known Quick Control method. If it is the first case, then it is what many users are interested in and in this case you can also edit the cc data in the MIDI Editor. I hope that it is this one, otherwise we are at the starting point.

@stonzthro what have the DFader support guys told you?

12. ferescu

ferescu New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    I bought Dfader last week and i have it working with my Presonus faderport controller, which as everybody knows doesn't support midi cc (i was going to sell it because of that) but now i can send continuous data with that fader and record dynamics and expression automations!!,

Gordon_hiphoplp likes this.
  13. Gordon_hiphoplp

Gordon_hiphoplp I am a visionary and doer...

Oct 3, 2017
    New delhi, India
    Can you upload a video demonstrating that??

14. s_bettinzana

s_bettinzana Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Check (9:02 for the MIDIcc send):

This video is very new and includes the news of the last version of DFader.

Gordon_hiphoplp likes this.