Posting links for newly registered members

Discussion in 'Welcome to V.I. Control!' started by Frederick Russ, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Frederick Russ

Frederick Russ Founder Emeritus

Hi all,

I've been getting a lot of email from newly registered folks that they cannot post links on their initial posts. Andre developed this in response to spam continuing to be posted on VI. Our apologies for the inconvenience. The invitation however is to have new members participate in discussions rather than posting links and pics in their very first post. After the system realizes that you're not a spam bot, the limitation is automatically lifted.

mister natural and creativeforge like this.
  2. Jojilicus

Jojilicus Padawan

Jun 9, 2016
    About how long does this take?

-Joseph

3. creativeforge

creativeforge Barefoot Heart Music

Hi Joseph, welcome to VI-Control!

You need to have a minimum of 3 posts, responses, any interaction within the community, basically.

Hope this helps,

Andre

RussellSzabados likes this.
  4. 123creative

123creative New Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Europe
    Thank you for helpful information

creativeforge likes this.
  5. TTU

TTU Member

May 14, 2017
    Good information. Is it okay to post links about soundware products to spread the word about new releases?

6. creativeforge

Where you post would depend if you are a developer, then you would post in Commercial Announcements: http://vi-control.net/community/forums/commercial-announcements.63/

If you have affiliate links, post in Affiliate/Reseller Deals: http://vi-control.net/community/forums/resellers-affiliates-deals.138/

Everyone is required to disclose if they are remunerated for the reviews or news they post. Using thed proper forum eliminates a lot of the confusion.

Hope this helps!

Andre

7. Gerry

Gerry I sure don't feel like a Senior Member

Nov 4, 2017
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hi there! I'm glad I found this thread, which explained why my first ever post wasn't accepted. I'm now replying here to help get my three initial posts out of the way. Thanks! :)

8. creativeforge

9. splayford

splayford New Member

Feb 1, 2019
    London