What's new

Poll: Which solo violin libraries are you really happy with? (old thread)

Which of these virtual *violins* are you most happy with?

• Spitfire Artisan Violin (2015)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • OT Nocturne Violin (2015)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Viharmonic Bohemian Violin (2015)

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • Simple Sam Samples Signor Paganini Solo violin (2013)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Chet Singers Serenade III Reaktor Ensemble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chris Hein Solo Violin (2016)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Garritan Stradivari Violin

• 8dio Adagio Solo Violin

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Auddict Virtuoso Violin (2016)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Fluffy Audio - Solo Violin

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Embertone Friedlander (added to the poll september -16)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Kords

Can only speak for Embertone. I love it. Various styles of vib and you can also assign both depth and frequency to separate controllers (I usually just control both simultaneously though).

The ability to fade vib in and out gives a really realistic sound, as does moving the bow between bridge and fingerboard.

I struggle a bit with getting bowed/finger slurred to happen when required (use the sustain pedal) but that's more down to me than anything.

Of the bundle, the Viola is my favourite though.

Hat_Tricky

@Hat_Tricky I hope this might be interesting to you, but here is a link to a track I did last week with the Bohemian Violin which has a bit of The Village influence. Especially in the second half, where I did some fast arpeggios.

Great piece! Thanks for posting. So we you using manaul vibrato control on those long notes, or was that Bohemian doing its thing? I'd like to be able to have sustains and arc completely with no vibrato if that's possible with Bohemian atm. I see they have several updates and expansions planned.

zacnelson

Hi @Hat_Tricky thanks for listening, glad you liked it. I wasn't using manual vibrato control, that's just Boho Violin doing it's thing. I happen to really like the way it interprets my lines, I'm always super happy with it. You have to believe me when I say, literally no work has gone into that. I just played in the violin once, didn't tweak it or anything. Same thing with the Boho Cello which comes in during the second half.

SoNowWhat?

realised I can type here
Hi @Hat_Tricky thanks for listening, glad you liked it. I wasn't using manual vibrato control, that's just Boho Violin doing it's thing. I happen to really like the way it interprets my lines, I'm always super happy with it. You have to believe me when I say, literally no work has gone into that. I just played in the violin once, didn't tweak it or anything. Same thing with the Boho Cello which comes in during the second half.
That's part of the reason I enjoy it so much. It's a great VI. I don't have Cello though and not sure if I will get it or not. I have Emo Cello already, and am waiting with anticipation for Alex's Cinematic Studio Solo Strings and Chris Hein's offering too. Going to be fun times.

Hat_Tricky

THanks! Is there a way to control the vibrato while playing with CC though? Or just have it completely off?

Parsifal666

I don't even own a DAW, I'm just a troll.
That's part of the reason I enjoy it so much. It's a great VI. I don't have Cello though and not sure if I will get it or not. I have Emo Cello already, and am waiting with anticipation for Alex's Cinematic Studio Solo Strings and Chris Hein's offering too. Going to be fun times.

It's hard for me not to get interested in Chris' upcoming instruments. The Solo Violin can be a real joy, I'll be writing with it again tonight. A very happy customer.

Top Bottom