What's new

POLL: How many faders do you use on your midi controller? (edit with pictures on page 2)

How many faders for CC over sample libraries?

• Total voters

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
Same for me but it seems Drawbars for Hammond B3 aren’t as popular as they once were. I actually use 17 in total, with the 9 mentioned being buried on page 2. Then there’s 5 x 1/4 pedals, 4 x buttons for toggled FX, 5 more for Keyswitches, then 9 knobs as AUX FX manual over rides..

Attachments

• 64C9F548-FCE9-4DD6-BD2F-9C1569D9E1BB.jpeg
    64C9F548-FCE9-4DD6-BD2F-9C1569D9E1BB.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

got the first 3d print of the box. need to make some adjustements to the fader slots and the holes got printed a little too small for the screws to go in so we gotta look at that next week.

Attachments

• IMG_4162.jpg
    IMG_4162.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4163.jpg
    IMG_4163.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 14
OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

picture of the 3d print on the s49 mk2 for reference of size. the feet are going to be positioned so that it can sit right beside the transport and hang off the keyboard. that way it will fit on more keyboard sizes.

Attachments

• IMG-4190.jpg
    IMG-4190.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 19
OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

a visual for the placement of feet.

Attachments

• Capture 3.PNG
    Capture 3.PNG
    334.4 KB · Views: 2
OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

Now I want one. Where do I sign up?
ill start a new thread once i get the product to a point that i am happy with. right now i am waiting on the prototype boards to come in. you can also follow the instagram page as i will be posting stuff there once the protoboards are built and troubleshooting begins.

PeterBaumann

Using an M-Audio Oxygen 61 here and have just remapped a lot of the buttons and faders to work better with my new template.

Before now, I was using CC1 and CC11 pretty much exclusively, perhaps also pitch bend but rarely.

Now I've got
1. Modulation (fader)
2. Expression (fader)
3. Pitch Bend (wheel)
4. Volume (fader)
5. RR Reset (button)
6. VEPro Instance Enable (button)
7. VEPro Instance Disable (button)
8. Transport Controls all configured (buttons)
9. 4x Knobs for Send 1-4 levels
10. 1x Knob for Panning
11. Previous Track (button)
12. Next Track (button)

Think that's it!

OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

we have been able to move forward with the software and found chips to suit all my specifications. we are sending off for another prototype today or tomorrow. here is the 2 channel version. not much to look at yet. we will also be 3d printing a case for it in the next week or so. ill post that as soon as it comes off the printer. this little guy will be about 4.5"x2"

Attachments

• jcjiedfnaplfplem.png
    jcjiedfnaplfplem.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 9

PaulieDC

1967 Bizzarrini (btw, don't own it, just love it)
Using an M-Audio Oxygen 61 here and have just remapped a lot of the buttons and faders to work better with my new template.

Before now, I was using CC1 and CC11 pretty much exclusively, perhaps also pitch bend but rarely.

Now I've got
1. Modulation (fader)
2. Expression (fader)
3. Pitch Bend (wheel)
4. Volume (fader)
5. RR Reset (button)
6. VEPro Instance Enable (button)
7. VEPro Instance Disable (button)
8. Transport Controls all configured (buttons)
9. 4x Knobs for Send 1-4 levels
10. 1x Knob for Panning
11. Previous Track (button)
12. Next Track (button)

Think that's it!
Nice list! I've been pondering what to set many of the available controls to, on my SL MixFace, and this gives me ideas. 👍🏼

PaulieDC

1967 Bizzarrini (btw, don't own it, just love it)
we have been able to move forward with the software and found chips to suit all my specifications. we are sending off for another prototype today or tomorrow. here is the 2 channel version. not much to look at yet. we will also be 3d printing a case for it in the next week or so. ill post that as soon as it comes off the printer. this little guy will be about 4.5"x2"
That's all I'm after, CC 11 and CC1. The MixFace can cover all the rest. :geek:

OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

That's all I'm after, CC 11 and CC1. The MixFace can cover all the rest. :geek:
after much use of my prototype and bouncing ideas around this was pretty much right for me as well. the little button at the top can swap between cc11/cc1 and cc21/cc19 or will allow you to reprogram the faders(with the aid of a midi monitor)

FrankieD

I got two S1's especially to control Vienna CC's and and then one for each instrument section of my mock ups. So a total of 16 faders, motorized.

OP
companyofquail

companyofquail

I got two S1's especially to control Vienna CC's and and then one for each instrument section of my mock ups. So a total of 16 faders, motorized.
Are you using the motorized faders for cc information(mod, dyn, or vibrato)? If so how are you liking them?

FrankieD

Yes, I use the S1’s for CC data, that’s the main reason I purchased the S1’s. I had an Avid Pro Control for many years and loved it. Faced with having to draw in and manually edit large numbers of tracks with CC data as is necessary for orchestral mock ups, seeing how Avid stopped supporting the Pro Control about five years ago, it was a no brained to get the S1’s. They are basically a smaller and less functional Pro Control.

PeterBaumann

Nice list! I've been pondering what to set many of the available controls to, on my SL MixFace, and this gives me ideas. 👍🏼
Added a couple more buttons this week - found out you can create custom midi functions in Logic so set 3 of the buttons to Velocity 1, 75 and 127 now too.

Top Bottom