What's new

POLL: Do you Use Dark or Light Mode When Viewing the Website?

Do you Use Dark or Light Mode When Viewing the Website?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaulieDC

1967 Bizzarrini (btw, don't own it, just love it)
Hey, if you're bored, here's just a quick poll on how everyone views our lovely forum. I was formatting a message the other day and wanted to use a yellow font, but wondered if that would be a problem for anyone using Light mode. Hence the poll.

For those who weren't aware you could change the look, the lightbulb icon at the very top right next to your avatar quickly changes the look of the site.

chillbot

Sock Muppet
I love dark mode in almost all things but for some reason I can't adjust to dark mode on VI-C or on Facebook. Maybe I should give it another shot... it seems to me it's by far more popular though now I am interested in what your poll says if you get enough of a sample size.

EDIT: that's a big NOPE from me. Only lasted 5 minutes in the dark place. Terrifying.

shponglefan

Collector of sample libraries
Dark mode. I find light mode backgrounds overly bright, especially when viewing on my phone.

Simeon

Yes, definitely DARK MODE.
Also discovered that if you click on the little switch next to the lightbulb you can customize the look and feel of the website even further, nice!

Stringtree

Dark is perfect for night. I have a DR mic stand next to the bed with an iPad holder attached to it that angles the screen perfectly. Swing the arm over the bed, and the simmering, seething community plays out over my slightly angled head on the pillow. It is from here I compose my finest screeds.

I also reduce brightness and lower the white point of the display.

Ads that are at full brightness make me hiss and retreat into my coffin. I enlarge the view area and exclude them from my view. I did not know about the lightbulb, but I plan never, ever to touch it.

SergeD

On the Web I always live in a dark world using this Firefox extension "Dark Background and Light Text" :emoji_skull:,

I'm gone...

Dietz

Space Explorer
I come from an age when garish green letters on dark screens where considered "cheap", so bright mode wherever I can (even Nuendo).

Reactions: EgM

ADRIA

I love the dark mode. For me, it reduces eye fatigue, uses lesser battery, and makes me fully awake reading VI-Control till morning.

Mornats

Hobbyist
Dark mode. Always. It's better for nighttime reading but also, I have these things called floaters on my eyes. It's a build up of protein on the retina I believe and can be quite common. What it means is that if I'm viewing a white screen I can see these things floating around my vision. I constantly have to blink and flick my eyes from side to side to move them out of the way. In dark mode I simply don't see them.

Geoff Grace

Light always for me; but then I grew up playing outside in the relentless Arizona sunshine, so I'm more than accustomed to a bright outlook.

The only time I wear sunglasses is when driving straight at the sun, when it's too low for the visor to block it from my vision.

As for yellow text on this site, I usually skip trying to read it and move on to the next black text.

Best,

Geoff

Last edited:

devonmyles

Yes, definitely DARK MODE.
Also discovered that if you click on the little switch next to the lightbulb you can customize the look and feel of the website even further, nice!
Thanks for the tip:

I've just enabled 'Fluid Width'. The extra width looks great with a nice big, open feel.
:thumbsup:

tf-drone

Light mode here. I cannot read well in dark mode. I have another software that dampens the brightness automatically in the night (f.lux).

ptram

I use Light mode for everything. Maybe because I’m a Mediterranean, but I need light everywhere. I find Dark depressing, and it is as if my eyes are forced to work harder in all that darkness.

Paolo

Last edited:

Polkasound

As for yellow text on this site, I usually skip trying to read it and move on to the next black text.
I noticed that, too. Those of us viewing in dark mode have to remember that while light text colors like yellow look great in dark mode, they're unreadable in light mode. The same is true for dark colors like blue in dark mode.

The ideal emphasis text color for readability in both modes will depend on each person's monitor, but for me it's kind of a tomato or reddish-orange color.

Top Bottom