What's new

POLL: Buffer Size & Template

At which buffer size do you run your orchestral template stable without getting DAW peaks?

• 32 samples

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 64 samples

• 128 samples

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 256 samples

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • 512 samples

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 768 samples

• 1024 samples

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • 2048 samples

• 4096 samples

• other

• Total voters

AR

Hey guys,

I didn't find any poll about this...that's why I start this poll about your buffer sizes combined with your templates.

So here's how to cast your vote: If you start your empty template with (let's say) 128 samples but later on change over to 512 samples (because it crackles here and there), you vote with the bigger number. Feel free to comment below which MAC/PC you use, and how many instances of sample player/VIs are loaded.

My setup: i9-10920x, 256gb RAM, VePro7 & DAW on the same computer. I have 3 separate templates all at 48khz: a Teldex, a Lyndhurst and a Zlin one. All samples are pre-mixed in VePro to 4, 5 mic positions (Spot, Close, Decca, Wide, Far), routed to Cubase which handles further mixing&MIDI, and then routed via 3 RME cards in quad stems digitally to another i9-9900k with Cubase on it, that processes the stems with Gulfoss & Soothe and so on. I can run my templates stable at 256 samples, though I add little bit of latency as soon as the 2nd computer kicks in. Beneath 256samples it is impossible to work. While the average load stays at 50%, the realtime-peak is at 40% in idle and goes up to 80-90% when playing back MIDI. Going back to 512 samples, the average load stays at the same 50%, while realtime-peak decreases pretty much. Giving the fact though, that a second computer increases additional latency, to me, it ain't funny to play the keys anymore. I'm interested in your solutions, whether it's bothering having lag on your keyboard, or not?

Greetings

Top Bottom