Plugin Boutique hack 71% off - £179 for Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 Advanced

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by reutunes, Mar 16, 2019.

1. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog I'm supposed to be working now.

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Now iZotope has stirred up the discount pot even more.

izotope.jpg

2. Brentishere

Brentishere New Member

Sep 28, 2018
    The Izotope portal seemed to have issues with installing Ozone 8. At least on my system. I watched what it said it was doing a couple of times (during which, nothing appeared in the directories it said it was installing stuff into). Yes, it asked for permission to make changes and I gave it. Nada. It only worked when I downloaded an offline installer, and ran it as administrator. FWIW. Neutron was fine.
    Win10-latest.

3. kitekrazy

kitekrazy Senior Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sometimes I think about not buying certain products where there is a lot of confusion involved. A great example is the upgrades in your Izotope account. IK is another one when it comes to upgrades.

4. DavidY

DavidY Active Member

Nov 24, 2017
    UK
    As I discovered, one gotcha with Ozone (at least Elements, but I assume other versions too) is that it's tricky to install for a non-Admin account in Windows 10.

If this applies to you, the trick seems to be to make the account you want to use temporarily have admin rights, run the installer, then put the account back to normal.

The installer seems to put stuff in the Documents folder and Registry for whichever account is used to install it; and without thee goodies, it crashed before I got very far at all.

5. Brentishere

Brentishere New Member

Sep 28, 2018
    IZotope support got back to me today, saying huh, that’s weird, run the installer again. Which I did, as administrator from the shift-right-click menu, and yes, I am a machine admin on my machine. And yes, it worked.
    My point was the portal couldn’t make files land in the target directories, despite me granting it authority to do so. My suspicion is that they missed something in the portal scripts.
    Maybe that doesn’t matter, since I got it to work. Eventually.

6. holing

holing Member

Mar 1, 2017
    holy cow it works!!! THANK YOU!!!!

7. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    I literally laughed out loud at this. My pleasure!

8. dexterjettser

dexterjettser Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Brooklyn
    Is this deal worth it if I already own a good chunk of Fabfilter's stuff? All looks attractive because of the extra features. Never used Izotope before

9. BezO

BezO The Artisan

Jun 11, 2018
    DC
    Plug for plug, I like FF and opted for their FX bundle over this a while back. Izotope does offer a few products that FF doesn't though. I hate unnecessary duplicates, but at this price, I'm wondering as well.

dexterjettser likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    I absolutely love Fab Filter plugins. Izotope tends to be the solution I reach for when time pressure is mounting and I need a "quick master". I use Fab Filter for finessing when I have a bit more time.

dexterjettser and TheKRock like this.
  11. DavidY

DavidY Active Member

Nov 24, 2017
    UK
    If the code is the same as the one I was emailed, then it expires at 23:59 today (31 March) so there's not long to decide if you wanted to use it. I'm assuming that's 23:59 UK time, which is less than 5 hours from now but I could be wrong.

12. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    I wonder if buying through Plugin Boutique qualifies me for the $50 off in April offer mentioned above.
    Not that I'm looking to buy any more Izotope stuff, but just in case they come out with Ozone 9 in April and it's, say, $50 to upgrade.;)

13. dexterjettser

dexterjettser Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Brooklyn
    Yeah as someone trying get my feet wet in production music I feel like I could make the mixing process a little less arduous for myself if I've got something that does some heavy lifting. I know I could recreate everything Izotope does with Fab Filter stuff, but perhaps I'd be able to mix faster with Izotope. Tripping at the finish line, not sure if I'm going to get the bundle.

14. Sunny Fable

Sunny Fable Member

May 24, 2018
    Since I'm not so good at mixing and mastering, I find O8N2 very useful to make some suggestions for me as good sounding starting points.