Plugin Boutique hack 71% off - £179 for Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 Advanced

Discussion in 'DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!' started by reutunes, Mar 16, 2019.

1. reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    Just tried a weird voucher code on the iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced & Neutron 2 Advanced bundle and it WORKED!!!

List price is £629 - currently on offer at £314.95

However, if you use code hq69w2f8 at checkout that brings the price to £179.52 which is a 71% discount! Please share the news quietly in case Plugin Boutique find out this works and discontinues the offer.

Products HERE (don't forget to use code hq69w2f8)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    Someone on FB just told me that the sale price is good until the end of the month - but I don't think that applies to the code - so jump on the offer if you need it.

3. Paul Grymaud

Paul Grymaud Active Member

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna see that right away

d94609e8.gif

Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  4. wst3

wst3 my office these days

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I do wish there were secret codes for the upgrades and cross-grades. A loyalty discount is a lovely thing, but it loses some of its sizzle when it turns out to be more than purchasing a new license. I suppose I should figure out if I can resell my old licenses?

TheSigillite likes this.
  5. TigerTheFrog

TigerTheFrog I'm supposed to be working now.

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    For the record, if you have either Alloy, BreakTweaker, Creative Bundle, Insight, Iris, Nectar, Neutron, Ozone, RX, RX Final Mix, RX Loudness Control, RX Plug-in Pack, Stutter Edit, Trash, or VocalSynth, you qualify for iZotope's Upgrade from Standard Bundle. No Elements or free stuff applies, but several of these sold for $29 recently.

At JRRShop that deal goes for $209 HERE with code GROUP, which is a bit cheaper than £179.52 ($239).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  6. Thanks for posting. Great deal!

TigerTheFrog likes this.
  7. wst3

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    This is one of those things that I find frustrating - I don't mind paying a fair price for software, I do mind having to hunt them down and finding different deals all over the place.

This crossgrade is a wonderful example:
    • At Izotope it is on sale for $249 until until 3/31
    • At Plugin Boutique it is on sale for $349, with the Reuben's coupon it is $198.14
    • At JRR shop it is on sale for $249, with their "group" coupon it is $209.16.
    JRR shop is here in the US, while Plugin Boutique appears to be in England, and there are fees associated with currency conversion no matter how you pay. So it probably is a wash, or very close.

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but sometimes this makes me weary, and annoyed. Do I spend time checking with every reseller and chase developer's discounts? Do I just pay whatever the going rate is on a specific day? (I generally make purchases when I need things, or better yet just before I need them so I have time to learn them).

I like RX and Ozone, I'm still using Ozone 6, not sure I really need to upgrade, but I am thinking about it.

I have yet to feel really burned by a huge discount down the road, but the lack of consistency is starting to grow old, or at least it is starting to really influence my purchasing habits, and not in a manner that benefits developers.

I think NI made a huge miscalculation with their NKS deals, although my paranoid self wonders if they aren't actually trying to undermine 3rd party developers - which I still think is a misstep.

Which is not to suggest I haven't taken advantage of a couple of those deals.

And I've gotten enough use from Repro and Diva so I have no regrets about paying full price for them, but I imagine someone that purchased them 31 days (or whatever the time window is) before the sale was announced would feel (justifiably) a little bitter.

OK, that's enough whining for one day...

kitekrazy and jbuhler like this.
  8. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Isn't this the marketplace at work? Why do you hate capitalism?

(hope my tongue planted firmly in cheek came through here.)

9. wst3

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    glad you mentioned the tenor of the comment, I'd have missed it.

I suppose this is capitalism in some form, but mostly it feels (to me) like excessive downward pressure on developers.

Put another way I do not think the marketplace is working efficiently, and I am concerned that eventually it simply will not be worth it for some developers to make the investment of time and money to bring us new tools.

Think it can't happen? Contact your local professional studio, if you have one, and find out what their basic hourly rate is - then compare that to the rates charged 20 years ago. It is an eye opener. An awful lot of great studios have closed their doors because it ceased to be a profitable business.

And that is a shame!

10. DavidY

DavidY Active Member

Nov 24, 2017
    UK
    I'm on PluginBoutique's mailing list, and I've bought Izotope Elements from them before, and I see that in the last hour they've emailed me a code which seems to have the same deal as the one Reuben posted.

sostenuto likes this.
  11. chrisr

chrisr Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Izotope are certainly working the channels pretty hard of late. Seems to be a recently growing trend in audio software sales generally, however it is dressed up in the pitch.

12. wst3

Apr 2, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    hmm... I'm on their mailing list as well, haven't seen that one yet.

13. OP
    OP
    reutunes

reutunes Senior Member

May 1, 2012
    I'm also on the list but haven't seen the magic code. I guess anyone reading this thread already has the code anyway but strange how they're not advertising it to everyone.

14. Land of Missing Parts

Land of Missing Parts No Time for Honky-Tonk

Jan 27, 2013
    Hogwarts
    Izotope seems to release a new version of Ozone in year-and-a-half cycles, and it has been roughly a year and a half since Ozone 8 came out. My sense is that Ozone 9 is around the corner, in which case the resale value of Ozone 8 will drop. And it will be cheaper to buy Ozone 8 used.

15. Just got a code from Pluginboutique for Neutron 2 advanced + ozone 8 advanced for £179.95

On Izotope website my personal offer is $99 each for upgrading.

OR could upgrade to Music Production Bundle 2 for $399

16. DavidY

DavidY Active Member

Nov 24, 2017
    UK
    I did at some point pay for the Elements Suite via PluginBoutique, possible on some similar discount code (but not one of the freebies for things like Ozone Element - I did actually hand over cash).
    So maybe that's part of the logic on why they sent me a code?

17. TigerTheFrog

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Reuben's deal of £179.52 is $198.14? That's a great transfer rate.

I've got worse news for you. A year ago O8N2 upgrade from Standard was offered for $200, not $249. Presumably it could have been purchased at JRRShop or AudioDeluxe for a lot less.

Some companies have big surprises like the NI NKS sales, but getting a good price on iZotope stuff has been the same for years. Buy one of their Standard products on sale for $29 - $49. Once you do that, you are in the iZo community and are eligible for a huge discount on one of their packages. Never pay list price from them--buy from discount stores.

EDIT: I believe everything I wrote in this post turned out to be wrong. :laugh:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Land of Missing Parts likes this.
  18. brynolf

brynolf Active Member

Apr 16, 2017
    Stockholm
    Oh, another "we better jump on before they correct the mistake"... This is starting to look like a trend. I'm not sure I approve of marketing tactics like these, to be honest.

Dex and chrisr like this.
  19. TigerTheFrog

Nov 18, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just got the email from PluginBoutique. $199 with their code. No "mistake" and the same deal as last year. I bet it will be for sale for a lot less on other sites soon... :shocked:

Oh well, that's okay. It's more than worth the price I paid.

My code is different than Reuben's, by the way.

20. Michael Antrum

Michael Antrum Only the good die young....

Izotope are having a sale you say ?

Well, I never.....

NoBrain and TigerTheFrog like this.