What's new

Please have a listen to my composition. "Accomplished"

I am sorry you have not gotten some feedback yet. Production quality is good. The ostinato was just too much up front for my taste. Also, the theme just did not grab me. As a result, when we get to the big fortissimo section it just does seems to be out of nowhere. There has not been any kind of journey. You as a composer have a sense of drama and purpose obviously. I would recommend taking a track by one of the masters then use it as a model. Don't give up. We all struggle. We all want acceptance and praise.

The foundation is there, however the melody lacks purpose. I suggest that you listen to the melody alone. And build from there. Add a countermelody and a few tracks to support the melody. Once the whole thing gels, put it on your foundation. The drums part should support the melody as well and evolve as the drama and epicness increases. The end result will get your track to a whole new level, as you are obviously capable of mixing things properly. This is my 5 cents worth. Have fun.

The low hit at 1:08 sounds like it is clipping somewhere. Again when the final section starts around 2:16 your low hits sound really distorted/clipped.. overcompressed? The entire mix is suffocating here... This may indicate a deficiency in your monitoring setup.

Just reducing the low frequencies in those sections should help a lot and allow your mix to breathe.

Ryan

I am sorry you have not gotten some feedback yet. Production quality is good. The ostinato was just too much up front for my taste. Also, the theme just did not grab me. As a result, when we get to the big fortissimo section it just does seems to be out of nowhere. There has not been any kind of journey. You as a composer have a sense of drama and purpose obviously. I would recommend taking a track by one of the masters then use it as a model. Don't give up. We all struggle. We all want acceptance and praise.
ThNkyou very mu
The foundation is there, however the melody lacks purpose. I suggest that you listen to the melody alone. And build from there. Add a countermelody and a few tracks to support the melody. Once the whole thing gels, put it on your foundation. The drums part should support the melody as well and evolve as the drama and epicness increases. The end result will get your track to a whole new level, as you are obviously capable of mixing things properly. This is my 5 cents worth. Have fun.

Thank you very much for your constructive feed back. I will use your feed back in my next compositions.

Thank you so much for your constructive feed back. I will use it in my later compositions. I really appreciate your efforts to give me feedback. Thanks

Thank you so much for your constructive feed back. I will use it in my later compositions. I really appreciate your efforts to give me feedback. Thanks
The low hit at 1:08 sounds like it is clipping somewhere. Again when the final section starts around 2:16 your low hits sound really distorted/clipped.. overcompressed? The entire mix is suffocating here... This may indicate a deficiency in your monitoring setup.

Just reducing the low frequencies in those sections should help a lot and allow your mix to breathe.

Ryan
thank you for your feed back, I will have a look at what is going on.

Hi! As Ryans pointed out there are some parts that is overcompressed. This drags the whole composition down and you really need to do something about it. I don't really agree with the comments about the lack of melody. I liked it but I would say it might need a wider build-up than you have at the moment.

Interesting track. I find the foundation to be more interesting or appealing than the melody/theme for the most part. I'd say try to hum or improvise alternative melodic phrases, or embellish what you have now as melody to make it catch the attention more.
Production overall is good but I also noticed what sounds like clipping on the big hits.

Hi! As Ryans pointed out there are some parts that is overcompressed. This drags the whole composition down and you really need to do something about it. I don't really agree with the comments about the lack of melody. I liked it but I would say it might need a wider build-up than you have at the moment.

Thank you for your the great Feed back. I’m glad you like the melody. I will definitely try to not make the same mistakes in my next piece of work. Thanks

Interesting track. I find the foundation to be more interesting or appealing than the melody/theme for the most part. I'd say try to hum or improvise alternative melodic phrases, or embellish what you have now as melody to make it catch the attention more.
Production overall is good but I also noticed what sounds like clipping on the big hits.
Thank you for your feed back, it really helps me out. I will definitely try and create a more free flowing melody on my future pieces of work. Thanks

If I forget to reply and thank anyone, I’m really sorry. I’m currently doing my GCSE’s now so I don’t have a lot of time on my hands.

Top Bottom