What's new

Please DM me for these: Custom Logic Pro X Midi Transforms: Set MIDI length by key shortcut! (+ Much More)

jbuhler

I stumbled on this old thread while looking for some other things. These are nice and useful midi transform presets! I'm wondering how to rearrange the user presets and/or how to find a list of them so you know what user preset 1, user preset 2, etc in the key commands refers to. When I added a new preset based on one of these, Logic filed it right after the preset I based it on instead of at the end of the list, as when I made one based on a Logic preset. This seems to throw off the key commands. In any case, where does Logic keep these and determine which user preset gets which number?

A second question: can you make a key command for the Logic transform presets? If I'm understanding how all of this works, they don't seem to be one of the numbered user presets.

OP
S.M Hassani

S.M Hassani

CodeUltra Sounds
I stumbled on this old thread while looking for some other things. These are nice and useful midi transform presets! I'm wondering how to rearrange the user presets and/or how to find a list of them so you know what user preset 1, user preset 2, etc in the key commands refers to. When I added a new preset based on one of these, Logic filed it right after the preset I based it on instead of at the end of the list, as when I made one based on a Logic preset. This seems to throw off the key commands. In any case, where does Logic keep these and determine which user preset gets which number?

A second question: can you make a key command for the Logic transform presets? If I'm understanding how all of this works, they don't seem to be one of the numbered user presets.
Hi,

Been very busy, so I'm truly sorry I missed your questions. I'll post a reply soon.

OP
S.M Hassani

S.M Hassani

CodeUltra Sounds
I'm wondering how to rearrange the user presets and/or how to find a list of them so you know what user preset 1, user preset 2, etc in the key commands refers to...where does Logic keep these and determine which user preset gets which number?
I don't think there is a way to rearrange or delete them. LPX just adds newly created ones to the end of the list. The shortcuts are assigned in the same listing order as the Functions -> Midi Transforms drop down menu. You can see them there listed by name as I shared here: Transforms List

Non that I could find, but you can assign a shortcut to open the Transform window. (Command-9) is what I use. You can also create user duplicates of the stock functions to quickly access them with KS.

If you have a template running you can import my set from the provided file by following Apple's procedure:

Import all transform sets from another project

You can import transform sets from other projects, allowing fast access to a transform preset you created earlier. This function is also useful for adding existing transform sets to new template projects.

1. Choose File > Project Settings > Import Project Settings (or press Command-I).

2. Browse to, and select, the project that contains the transform sets you want to import.

3. Click the Import button.

The project’s tracks are displayed in the All Files Browser.

4. Click the Import Project Settings button at the bottom of the All Files Browser, then select the Transform Sets checkbox.

5. Click the Import button.

The names of imported transform sets are retained and added to the bottom of the Presets list.

I hope this helps.

jbuhler

I don't think there is a way to rearrange or delete them. LPX just adds newly created ones to the end of the list. The shortcuts are assigned in the same listing order as the Functions -> Midi Transforms drop down menu. You can see them there listed by name as I shared here:

HERE

Non that I could find, but you can assign a shortcut to open the Transform window. (Command-9) is what I use. You can also create user duplicates of the stock functions to quickly access them with KS.

If you have a template running you can import my set from the provided file by following Apple's procedure:

Import all transform sets from another project

You can import transform sets from other projects, allowing fast access to a transform preset you created earlier. This function is also useful for adding existing transform sets to new template projects.

1. Choose File > Project Settings > Import Project Settings (or press Command-I).

2. Browse to, and select, the project that contains the transform sets you want to import.

3. Click the Import button.

The project’s tracks are displayed in the All Files Browser.

4. Click the Import Project Settings button at the bottom of the All Files Browser, then select the Transform Sets checkbox.

5. Click the Import button.

The names of imported transform sets are retained and added to the bottom of the Presets list.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful!

dt2080

V2 Update: Added even more commands as seen in screenshot (new ones from blue line down)

View attachment 14797
This is absolutely excellent. Thanks! one Question. If i want to change the key command associated with a transform (eg i want to replicate the rhythm numbers for extended keys as sibelius has them eg 1/2 = 5, 1/4=4 etc, how do i edit them? Many thanks. Best David

anp27

This is absolutely excellent. Thanks! one Question. If i want to change the key command associated with a transform (eg i want to replicate the rhythm numbers for extended keys as sibelius has them eg 1/2 = 5, 1/4=4 etc, how do i edit them? Many thanks. Best David
You can set the key command to whatever you like actually, you can do that in the Key Commands window.

dt2080

You can set the key command to whatever you like actually, you can do that in the Key Commands window.
Hmm.. it's just that in the key commands window i don't see a key command for this already set, but yours already works. So it seems to be happening "behind the scenes". Am i missing something?

OP
S.M Hassani

S.M Hassani

CodeUltra Sounds
Hi there,

It's simple, load the panel I show in this post: (using the Alt+K shortcut)

Then simply assign your keyboard shortcuts as you prefer them.

Your shortcut list is currently empty because you don't have any assignments. To make your own, take a look at this image where you'll see the order of my custom transform presets as I saved them in the supplied file:

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 1.49.08 AM.png

Now simply go through them one by one and assign your own keyboard shortcuts on the Alt-K menu.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

dt2080

Just to say i'm totally using this now. It's awesome. Thanks so much! And by the way... i exported the stuff via XML into sibelius, and even the articulations show up perfectly!

MLP Aarts

Great stuff, I'm building a Lemur template with these transform sets, it's going to be awesome.

Minor improvement: I guess for the 'Reduce by half' transform set you used a multiplication by 0,6666 which gives rounding errors. Instead, you can use 'div' by 1.5. This gives you a better result.

OP
S.M Hassani

S.M Hassani

CodeUltra Sounds
Thank you for the tip. I'm glad you're finding them so useful.

I will revisit them this evening and make an update. :2thumbs:

Last edited:
Top Bottom