What's new

Playable Virtual Ac Guitar Strums

killbreth

Hello- Im wondering if there are any good acoustic guitar instruments that have an easy way of creating strumming patterns by playing on the keyboard?

I have NI Acoustic Strummer which is great but I am starting on a project in which I need to do a lot of strumming and there are a lot of quick time signature changes and different strumming patterns. I won't have the time to search for different patterns,etc.

The Ac Guitar won't be in the forefront - I need it more for the rhythm- and it doesn't necessarily have to be Ac Guitar - it could be dulcimer, charango, etc. - anything that I can get a somewhat convincing strum out of .

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions other than hiring a real guitar player, thanks!

I use Acoustic Samples Sunbird. Just play the chord and hit a key and it'll strum in one of many preprogrammed patterns. Or you can do your own. They have many other guitars as well.

https://www.vir2.com/instruments/acou6tics/ (Vir2 Acou6tics) is excellent, though expensive at $399. It comes with a load of strumming patterns but it's pretty easy to make your own:-

OrangeTreeSamples has the best sampled EAG, while AAS has its modeled Strum GS-2.

I'm just a piano player, and tend to ignore the strum pattern stuff on virtual guitars in favor of simply playing the notes, but I have a musician friend who vehemently claims that MusicLab's Real series is the best for this, even though he likes the sonic characteristics (and bundled FX) of some of the other virtual guitars (OTS, Indiginus et al) more.

So MusicLab Real Guitar might be worth looking into at least...

This is a timely thread. I've been working on an ad this weekend and needed some good guitar strums.

I just bought Sunbird acoustic guitar from AcousticSamples, the strum engine is extremely easy to play.

Top Bottom