Play 6 vs 4.3 ?

Discussion in 'OTHERS: Falcon/UVI, Halion, Giga, Sforzando Sfz.' started by bcarwell, Apr 10, 2019.

1. bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I am confused. Finally got around to installing EWQL Complete Composer Collection from the supplied hard drive, and it directs me to install Play 4.3.3 from the drive which I did.

However I see now the trailer wherein there is a Play 6 which looks very cool and powerful. Is this just for the Cloud or also for Complete Composer Collection ?

And when I start to play Complete Composer Collection it can't find the samples from my CCC drive. How/where do I instruct Play to look in my CCC drive for samples, and how specific must I get- which folders/subfolders do I point to- especially when there are numerous products on the Collection- Hollywood Strings Gold, Ra, etc., etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bob

2. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    From YouTube I am now gathering I shouldn't have used the Installer on my CCC drive which directed me to downloading Play 4.3.3 but should download Play 6 ? If so, do I erase 4.3.3 or does it matter ? Where do I get the download to the Play version I should be using ?

Finally got my first sound out of CCC and am excited, but still need to know how to set up the search path in Play for all those products on the CCC drive, and whether I point to instruments subfolders, or the main library folder (Hollywood Strings Gold, or Silk or ...) or .... ?

And to hijack my own thread, is there any problem cloning my 7200 rpm CCC drive I purchased from EWQL to a 1 TB SSD drive for faster loading ? Is it that simple, e.g. just copy the entire contents of the CCC drive to the SSD drive ?

Bob

3. Download the EW Installation Centre. Once you do that, download the latest version of PLAY (you'll see that in the installation centre). I can't remember the exact process, but when you see all your products, tell it where your samples are located and it will install from that location.

And yes, you can just drag/drop the libraries from the 7200 to the SSD.

4. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Per their instructions I was using the EW Installation Center on the drive that CCC was on. I assumed it would take me to where the latest Play is, but apparently it doesn't. Unless of course the latest version is indeed 4 and not 6 or 7.

So as to that part of my original post, can you confirm that the current Play version that works with CCC is 6 or 7 but clearly NOT 4 ? And if true, should I simply erase everything relating to my Play 4 or leave it ?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

5. Load the installation centre on your OS drive and drag the sample library folders over to your new SSD. You bought the libraries already, so they'll work with the latest version of Play. Check with support, but I'm pretty sure you can even download them if you want (and start completely fresh) right through the installation centre.

6. OP
    OP
    bcarwell

bcarwell Senior Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Great ! Thanks Wolfie, you cleared up everything that had been puzzling me. Now if I can only figure out a way to find the time to find/organize the jewels in the gonzo CCC with the hopelessly long names like nuclear launch codes and find them again later. This is the first big library I've ever owned and need to strap on my big boy pants...

Thanks again !

Bob

7. Send me a PM if you need help!