Play 6 upgrade free?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Kurosawa, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Mark Schmieder

Mark Schmieder Active Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Concord CA
    It's a huge improvement and has motivated me to finally start exploring my legacy Play libraries again. Even though the overall visual changes are subtle, it's easier on the eyes, quicker to navigate, and MUCH faster to load, so that I don't lose my train of thought or my listening context when comparing stuff. I do feel for those who paid for it before it was free though. I certainly paid top dollar for Spaces 2 (and even Spaces 1). But I don't think that's free yet. :)

CGR likes this.
  2. TomaeusD

TomaeusD New Member

Nov 24, 2018
    I did end up paying for Play 6 after canceling my ComposerCloud subscription last year, but I suppose I should just think of it as extending CC for one more month and forgetting to use those libraries. :rolleyes:

I would agree, it has been a better experience than Play 5 - it seems quicker and less resource hungry.

bill45 likes this.
  3. jamieboo

jamieboo Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Hmm.
    Curious to grab this but I'm a bit nervous as I'm in the middle of a project.
    Play 5 has been working ok for me but I like the idea of quicker loading. Is it worth the risk?

4. AllanH

AllanH Senior Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Central Coast California
    If you're in the middle of a project, it's clearly not worth the risk. FWIW, I upgraded and have had no issues. I have not noticed any speed differences.

bill45 likes this.