What's new

Pianoteq Trial Findings

Seasharp

Spent the last 2 days playing through all the Pianos in the Pianoteq trial version. I’m impressed by the quality and especially liked the Beckstein. Actually many are enjoyable to play and sound great. However in a direct comparison with Ivory the Pianoteq Steinway fall a little short especially in the low end. Still I might get the Stage version for the Beckstein and one other. What has your experience been with this product?

tack

Damned Dirty Ape
What has your experience been with this product?
Even with all the more recent models, I still haven't found one I like nearly as much as the Bluethner. And even with the Bluethner I can find much to criticize about the sound relative to sampled pianos.

But how it plays. Pianoteq just can't be beaten for playability in the digital world.

OP
Seasharp

Seasharp

Even with all the more recent models, I still haven't found one I like nearly as much as the Bluethner. And even with the Bluethner I can find much to criticize about the sound relative to sampled pianos.

But how it plays. Pianoteq just can't be beaten for playability in the digital world.

I agree. Pianoteq pianos are a joy to play even in the trial version.

Hasici

I particularly don't care much for the PT sound, but the easiness and immediacy of playing modeled instrument is without question and this is where it really shines. Still 60GB sampled piano would give much better character of that particular piano but things still could be iffy for high performance players.

jonnybutter

I recently got the version 6 Steinway. As usual, fantastic playability, but as mentioned upthread - that low end! :shocked: At high velocity it sounds something like a CP-70. Pianoteq are getting better and better, but I kind of object to how expensive it is and how when you go up a level, you don't get your old pianos (if you have version 5 pianos, you have to buy them all again in version 6). And that low end just is not ok. I have the v 5 Bluethner and I agree it is probably the best overall. I use that and all pianoteq pianos for practicing classical piano. But they usually don't make it into production.

Top Bottom