Pianoscape #1 (Piano in Blue, Spitfire Solo Strings)

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by brandowalk, May 15, 2019 at 1:04 PM.

1. brandowalk

brandowalk New Member

I recently purchased Cinesamples' Piano in Blue library (I'm quite please with it!) and was inspired with this piece. Spitfire Solo Strings used significantly on the chorus section. String atmosphere mostly SSS and synth sounds were done on a Nord Stage EX.

Let me know what you think - any feedback is appreciated!

thanks, Brandon
    https://musicbybrandonwalker.com

teclark7, whiskers, CGR and 3 others like this.
  2. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    whiskers likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    brandowalk

brandowalk New Member

Thank you ism. Appreciate your comments and suggest - I will definetly use that suggestion re string vibrato.

4. OP
    OP
    brandowalk

brandowalk New Member

ISM - I went back and tweaked the string vibrato on the chorus sections and it really does make it sound more of a real performance. Unfortunately the Solo String patches vibrato don't crossfade perfectly. That said it is masked in the track so I can get away with it. I'm not going to repost the track on soundcloud to avoid breaking links. I see an update for Solo Strings software so will check that out as well. Again, thanks for the tip.

ism likes this.
  5. CGR

CGR Pianist/Composer/Arranger

Jan 14, 2016
    Australia
    I like the movement & development of this track Brandon. A really enjoyable listen - Piano in Blue is perfect for this piece - those nice woody hammer attacks in the top end give it real definition. A minor thing - I found the synth lead line at 02:17 a bit too prominent/forward in the mix. It kinda jumped out of nowhere and seemed a bit out of context for me (maybe pan & push it back?) Overall a very nice track!

6. OP
    OP
    brandowalk

brandowalk New Member

CGR: Agree - good catch on the synth line. It does pop out too much. I struggled getting the right traditional VI for that final melodic line, hence I went with the synth! Oh well I'll fix it in the mix.

Thanks again for the nice words.